Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 2 of our Missouri Getaway

Day 2 of our trip was probably my absolute favorite day!

Silver Dollar City! 
It's a great place in the Summer but I would trade that to go every year at Christmas time.
If you have never gone, it is a MUST!

We started out with about 2 hours of day light left. 
We grabbed a bite to eat so we were ready to enjoy our evening. 

We were so glad that Gram was up for going with us this time.
 Not much holds her back.



The shops were just GORGEOUS and if my husband was not right next to me I would have given in to the deals that were calling my name. (Next time I will have to send him on a potty run with the kids) *wink


I was in awe of the lights while the sun was still out but when the sun went down, it made this picture seem dull.


It is just unbelievable about the detail put in to every single light. Every light faces the same way and everything is so perfect.


First up was getting the kids on a few rides. Luke was thrilled and ready to go.


Liv was excited too and could not wait to get me on the tea cups. *Insert gagging here*
Liv had a blast and I was shocked at how well I did without feeling ill.


As soon as we hopped off the tea cups, a parade started right where everyone was waiting.
WE ALL LOVED IT!!! So magical and it wasn't even Disney World.






Liv LOVED the Princess in the blue dress with sparkling lights coming out of her dress.









As soon as the parade was over we started back up on the rides.


We stopped in a store and found a spot for cookie making.


While waiting in line for some rides, Rog took a few more pictures of the decorated buildings.






This tree was just GORGEOUS! It not only lit up perfectly, it had rain drop lights falling down off of the branches. I could have stared at that for hours.


The highlight of the night was getting to the Christmas tree and watch it light up to the music.






After the light show, some ice cream, hot chocolate and shakes we were ready to go back home.
On our walk out, we saw a proposal right by the tree. TOO CUTE!!!!



Hated to leave but we decided that was enough walking and cold for one evening. They also were closing so I guess we had no choice. 

These pictures don't even come close to expressing the beauty in all the lights. 
It is DEFINITELY a must see!

Thanks Deanna, Alan and Gram for making sure we made it to Silver Dollar City before they closed for the season.



1 comment:

Devin said...

Ah! So jealous. One of these years we are going to get there! Love love love the pictures, ALL of them!