Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Celebrating 5 years!

Luke,
 Today you turned 5! A day I thought would not come for quite some time. You were just my little baby boy and now you are my big boy who does so much on his own and wants to do so much more without me.
You are still my sweet boy who gave in yesterday morning when Mommy asked you to sleep just a bit longer and snuggle because it was your last morning being 4 and Mommy just was not ready for you to be another year older. You are so tenderhearted, thoughtful, imaginative and a great older brother who dearly loves his little sisters. You have blessed our hearts over these last 5 years and I enjoy watching you grow every day.

Today, on your birthday, not only were you thrilled to turn 5, but Liv was also super excited for you. She woke up before you and excitedly told me it was your birthday today and there were no more days of waiting.
You woke up, came downstairs and immediately Annelyse saw you and had to be in your arms.
It was her way of saying 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'.



You just could not wait for your big day and was so patient until we celebrated with an afternoon at a bouncy house. You had an energy about you today that lit up a room.You were thrilled to spend your day with Jaden and Zach.


You were also very generous to let Liv play with Sydney so she didn't feel so left out.
Your just a great big brother that way. *wink



I am pretty sure you enjoyed everything about the bouncy house because it was all you would talk about for months now but the jumper where Daddy got in and tried to throw you and the kids off was probably your absolute favorite! I could just see it in your face. I am almost certain it was Daddy's favorite too.



While you were off jumping, Annelyse had a blast walking around and watching you guys whiz by her. Daddy tried jumping with her but she just was not a big fan.



Finally, you and the boys had about enough and were ready to head back to the house to eat and have cake.


Getting back to the house, Grandma and Grandpa Jimenez and Grandma Nette and Papa stopped by to say happy birthday as well.
Your eyes lit up as the presents piled up on the table and it was the first item on the list after having a bit of pizza.
A sword, nerf gun, wallet, Oddyssey cd's, scooter, helmet and the wii was everything given to you tonight and I am pretty sure you loved all of it. Everything special to you in so many different ways.





Finally it was time to sing to you and have some cake. Your cake was special to me because every part was hand picked by you.





It was great to see you enjoy your day of turning 5 years old. You have given me the best job in the world these last 5 years and that is being able to stay home and take care of you and your sisters. You bring a special spark to our home and watching you grow and learn every day brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart.

I love you sweet boy!
I hope you had an enjoyable 5th birthday.

Love you,
Mommy   xoxo







2 comments:

Shan said...

AAAHHHH I LLOOOOVVVEEEE THIIISSS!!!! I still remember you bringing him home from the hospital...feels like just yesterday :)

Devin said...

Such a great post! Love being able to be filled in on his day when we can't be a part of it! Looks like he got some good loot--he'll love the Wii, guaranteed! :)

Happy birthday sweet boy! We love you and are proud of the little man you are becoming!