Here is a little story that I really enjoyed watching play out the other day.
It was too cute really.
I was watching Jordan and Jaden Boe one morning while Heather was out for a bit.
The kids decided they wanted to play outside, so off we went.
Jordan, being only 7, but acting and seeming WAY older, really wanted to ride a bike. Unfortunately, the only bikes I have are for toddlers at the moment.
I felt really bad for Jordan. He remembered that the last time he needed a bike at my house, our neighbors let us borrow one of theirs. Again, it was very unfortunate that I had to tell him I saw them trash that bike just a few weeks before and it was no longer available for him to use.
He.
Was.
Bummed!
Until, he came up with this BRILLIANT idea.
Jordan, halfway talking to me and thinking out loud, made up a plan to make our wagon look EXTREMELY fun to ride in instead of one of the 3 bikes that were being used by the younger ones.
"Hey!" He said,
"Who wants to ride in the wagon?"
Well, ever so quickly Jaden ran to enjoy this wonderful opportunity.
Not a second later, Jordan said, "Ok Jaden, Hop in and Luke can pull you!"
That is when I figured out his BRILLIANT plan and told him that if he was going to ask the kids to take a ride then he needed to pull them around for a few minutes.
A bit bummed, He agreed and began to not only pull Jaden but also Luke and Liv.
His plan really did work and would have worked out great had an adult not been out watching his little scheme.
Underneath the adult face, I had a smile and a laugh all going on inside of me.
This young little one, being an OLDER, WISER, BIG BROTHER, knew just what he was doing and wasn't going to stop until he was able to ride a bike.
Even if his knees would have hit the handle bars!
Anyways, Jordan agreed and ended up having a blast pulling the kids in the wagon.
Liv gave up after one quick walk down the driveway but the other two boys were strapped in and ready for a BUMPY ride!
Jordan was such a trooper!
He pulled those boys for about 10 more minutes up and down the driveway and soon became creative and found our culvert to run down and tip the boys over.
He had to have been exhausted but he looked like he was having a blast!
I thoroughly enjoyed sitting back and watching this all unfold!
The best thing was that they all were occupied and happy and all soon forgot about their bikes.


2 comments:
Amazing how their minds work, huh? Such a cute story. :)
so funny.....I just read this to Jordan (paraphrased a few sentences *wink) and showed him the pictures and he had the biggest smile on his face (and he kept nodding!) like... "Man, she got me!" hee hee....way to go!!!!! and thanks again for watching them~
Post a Comment