Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day weekend at home.



This holiday, I wanted nothing more than to enjoy a nice, quiet weekend at home.
It was just perfect!
It started out with Luke and Livy spending the night at Grandma Nette and Papa's so that Mommy and Daddy could have a date night.
Boy was that greatly appreciated!

Sunday rolled around and that night was spent at home, taking a nice little walk with the kids and ending it with a nice fire.

Bon fire that is.


Rog tries quite often to get us to do this as a family but all I usually see are two little ones that have to get sprayed down so bugs don't enjoy them, attire that keeps the bugs off but not too warm so we don't lose 5lbs., and a mound of marshmallows that will be devoured by two little ones that DO NOT need more sugar.

Oh well, after all, it was a holiday and I was no where near motivated to get them ready for bed.

So, bring on the bugs and sugar!










I think I cut the kids off after about 6 marshmallows a piece.
We could have had smores but after the hershey bars were in our freezer for a month they were BEGGING ME to free them!

And I just couldn't resist!

We all had a great time out by the fire as a family!
I am just so blessed by all of our family moments this summer!
 I really treasured every moment big and small!



After Luke realized he couldn't devour any more sugar, he moved on to more important things.


He even let Liv try a few hits but she has some work to do with her game.


All in all, it was a great night and a great holiday weekend!
The only other highlight of our weekend, and it was high on my list, was cleaning out the baby gear from the garage, cleaning out the crawl space, washing baby clothes and organizing toys.
YES! I SAID HIGHLIGHT!!!!

Thank Goodness it was LABOR DAY!

1 comment:

Devin said...

For the record, I LOVE that pic of you and Rog!

That totally needs to be your new profile pic. :)