So because our anniversary was on a Monday and Rog had grad class, Roger and Lynette were kind enough to say they would take the kids for a night that following weekend.
We originally were going to send them out Sunday after church but thought that a Saturday/ Sunday night might work out better for our plans.
First on the list was heading down to Champaign so I could visit a good friend and support her with her new business.
I just gotta say that everything was extremely A-DORABLE and I had the hardest time deciding what I wanted.
Um, THE WHOLE TABLE PLEASE!
Really, she does such a great job and I now will never need to go anywhere else for bows for my little girl!
**My next post will show just what I got for little Miss Liv!!!!
Thanks Em for making my little chickie extra girly since I've shopped Chickie Bows!
After hanging out with Em for a couple hours I headed back to pick up Rog from BDubs where he watched one of the World Cup games with his brother.
We decided to head back home, change and go out for an anniversary dinner.
It was such a great day!
Sunday arrived and let me just say that it is extremely odd to wake up and not have to get two little ones ready in time for Sunday School.
Very nice but way too quiet!
After church, Rog and I grabbed a quick bite before heading to the Jackhammers game.
Right after the game, we enjoyed a concert from Need To Breathe.
I must admit that eventhough I knew a few songs from them, I didn't realize all that I loved from them until hearing them in person!
They are now my new favorite band at the moment!
Seriously, since Sunday, every time a song from them is on the radio, we can't help but turning our kitchen into a dance floor and getting our kids involved.
MMMM!!! Chicken and Spice was SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!
Sometimes, heartburn is just something you have to endure when craving food that tastes so good!
Ok. So Sunday was over, Monday rolled around and it was time to head out and pick up our little ones.
After an afternoon movie of course!
OK.
Maybe not.
While we were in the theatre, Rog got a text that asked if Grandma Nette and Papa could keep Luke and Liv for another night.
UM.
YES!
Now, to be completely truthful, we were starting to get a bit bored because once kids are around, your whole life is now about them. Without them around, you can only clean up so much.
Oh well. We figured the kids needed time away to get spoiled a bit by their grandparents.
Needless to say, Rog and I had a great weekend together and we were so thankful for Roger and Lynette to be so loving to keep our kids for 3 days and 3 nights!
I am sure they slept in to recoop on Wednesday. *smirk*
Thanks Roger and Lynette! We had a great 7th Anniversary weekend!







1 comment:
What AWESOME grandparents!!!!!
Post a Comment