Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"THEN HE ASKED ME TO BE HIS BRIDE...."

That's right!

 I said it!

 MY SIS IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!


So!

Thanks to Devan's brother Ethan, I have pictures that tell a lovely story!

Ready?

On a cold and snowy day, there was a girl named Shanna and a guy named Devan, who went out sledding.



They had such a great time and loved every minute!

Well, it was getting late and the sun was starting to fall.
Before the fun ended, they took one last run down the hill.
Ethan and Lauren went first and waited for Shanna and Devan to appear.
Down they flew and off the sled they went into the freezing snow!
Shanna stood up while Devan called for her.

"Shanna!" He said.

Shanna turned around and there she saw Devan, kneeling on the ground and holding a beautiful, shiny ring.

Out came Shanna's four all-time favorite words.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"


Devan Replied, "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

"OF COURSE I WILL!" Shanna said.


The mitten came off.
The ring went on and nothing but smiles from then on!


She told me it was better than what she ever expected!
She just LOVED it!










I am just thrilled for my sis and Devan!!!!!
I was just so excited I could barely stand it!
I rushed to see her when I got to church and probably took her hand and looked at her ring about 10 times.
I am so ready to start the planning! Well, help with it of course. *wink wink*

I am not sure of the exact date yet but they did say some time in the Fall.
I will try to be patient and wait that long.
We are so happy to have Devan be a part of our family. I can't believe that we have know him most of our lives and never saw this coming!
They have been dating I think for about 4 months?

The thing is: His mom was Shanna's Kindergarten teacher and his brother is Shanna's Pastor. 
Neat RIGHT? 

Another little fun fact: We realized a while ago that if Shanna and Devan got married then Luke and Liv would have an Aunt Shanna and Uncle Devan along with an Aunt Devin and Uncle Shane.

I KNOW RIGHT? Talk about confusing.
My sis is Shanna, Rog's brother is Shane and they both married Deva(i)ns.
It will be so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats you two!
LOVE YOU BOTH!!

6 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

Yea!!! COngrats to your family!!! Such a fun time for sure.

Devin said...

I'm so excited for her! Great post Aim. I loved the pictures :).

Uncle Devan and Aunt Devin. Aunt Shanna and Uncle Shane. What are the odds?

Amy said...

Love the story. You and your sister look a lot alike.

The Boe's ~ said...

I'm already getting the names confused with Shane and Devin's...;)
oh man!! This will be fun!

SOOO happy for them and hey, Aimee, you aren't bad at all with writing story's..... you should think about publishing something *wink!!!!

Leanne said...

You and your sister DO look a lot alike.

And what a romantic end to a special day!

Ahhhhhh.....young love!!

Shanna said...

A Dream Come True