Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentines Day!

I just had to state how blessed and thankful I was to have such a wonderful VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! Thank you Rog for not just making this day a "greeting card" day but making it extra special!
So our Valentine's Day started out by Rog and my dad getting rid of our, oh let's say my 1980's oven and giving me this breath of fresh air!

It is just lovely!!! The stove starts when I want it to, it has a digital timer and not a turn knob like the old one, (SERIOUSLY!) it informs me when it has finished the preheat setting,( I always just had to guess and I am thinking I was usually impatient) it has a "warm" setting; oh my list could go on and on... Get the picture?
Most importantly though! I am so excited to see if our carbon monoxide detector will go off after the oven is on for a few hours.
I think the best thing so far is that IT'S CLEAN!!!!!! Do you realize how excited I was to scratch that belated chore off my list? It needed to be done like a year ago!!!
So, So happy!!!
Thank you my wonderful husband for not putting this off for another day!!!
So, back to our day.
After all of that hype, Rog's parents called us and said they would be so glad to drive out, pick up our kids, and take them home with them for the day so that we could go out! How Lovely!!! We had plans for the Boe's to watch them but figured Grandma and Grandpa were maybe really wanting to do this?
As soon as our little ones were off with Grandma and Grandpa, we were on our way to our most favorite restaurant EVER!
Let me just take another moment and share a bit of how good this place is. The restaurant opened at 5pm. We walked up to the doors about ten minutes til then and was behind maybe five to seven other couples. The doors opened, we walked in and were seated. By 5:15, the restaurant was full! Now this place isn't enormous but does have quite a bit of seating.
We sat, enjoyed a beyond delicious meal and were finished about an hour later. As we were walking out of this place, we overheard that the wait for a table of 4 would be two and a half hours!!!! 2 1/2 hour wait just only one hour after it opened!
Now I know most of you would think it was only because of the day but this place is like this all the time!!!!
It was just wonderful!!!
I highly recommend this place for a nice date night, anniversary or birthday with your significant other!!! MMMM.
Well, since we ate dinner early, we really didn't want to head back so soon. We were thinking of maybe a movie, and found a theatre, but after talking about it we realized it probably wasn't going to work out.
So, what did we do you ask????
Nothing more than find the closest Barnes and Noble, order a drink and dessert from Starbucks, find a seat and play a game of Scrabble!
Boring???
Not in the least!
I had so much fun and can't remember the last time Rog and I were able to just go off to nowhere, take our time, and not worry about a thing! I told him I felt like we were dating all over again because this would have been something we would have done back in the day.
Thanks Rog again for such a wonderful day! I can't wait for another!
(I just had to share these pics of our scrabble game. Rog's first pic of tiles were all vowels! He was just beside himself! I had to laugh at him until he looked past it, studied the board and ended up killing me in the end! UGH! He always does that! Oh well, I still had a great time!)

8 comments:

Shanna said...

Where is that Restaurant even at??? What kind of food is it? Would I like it...when I'm married of course haha

Aim said...

It's Italian and it is close to wrigley! MMMMM>

Shanna said...

Oh wow! That's way up there! My buddy lives up there..maybe next time I visit,he can point it out to me lol

Karie said...

That's awesome. Lynette told me they just decided to get the kids (you spoiled brats). J/K. Can you tell I am a bit jealous. My parents had our kids overnight, so I cannot complain. We'll have to all have a date night when we come down next time. It sounds really good.

Anonymous said...

hey, there is always enough room here for you guys. you know where I stand of that topic.... chicagoland is enormous! anywho.... would love to do a "date night" with all of us next time!!!! everytime we go to that restaurant I say how bad I want all of us to go! I think you guys would love it! I would just hate to see that bill! Every man for himself that night. yikes.

Shanna said...

I'll offer to babysit if you guys do ever want a date night...however not sure how many kids that will be but I'm used to 'em all so bring it on!

Jason said...

That sounds like a great place to hit. You mentioned the big bill. What are we talking for an average couple???

Does every Barnes and Noble have scrabble? I've stepped into one of those maybe once, but that sounds right up our alley.

Anonymous said...

well for rog and I a bill is anywhere from 40 to 50 bucks. to lower that stay away from dessert and an appetizer. I always get water and rog usually gets a drink so that too could raise it a bit. I think the specials are what gets you but it is the whole experience that makes it worth it. we usually plan for a big bill there and don't care cause we don't go a ton and it is always for a "special" occasion. WE LOVE IT!!!!
Barnes and NOble sells scrabble. we had a gift card and bought the travel one so we would have it. Not bad. we were hoping they had things to sit down and play but of course they don't so we figured why not.