Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Luke and his boots


The title of this post pretty much tells it all!
I went to a garage sale last year and picked up a pair of red rain boots for Luke thinking that he might get 1 or 2 uses out of them.
Boy was I wrong!
I am not quite sure if he has ever worn them out in the rain, but he has definitely worn them so much around the house that my money was well spent!
I can try to hide these boots and somehow they will catch his eye and Luke will have them on for the next 3 days. On and off of course but they are probably his favorite pair of shoes right now. Or toy for that matter.
I have a few pics of him in his boots but I thought I would show you just how much he loves these boots.
Rog gave him a bath a couple of weeks ago and as soon as he got out of his bath, he headed right to his closet and put on those little red boots. He wasted no time at all for a diaper, he just had to have those boots on right away.
ok, fine. Sometimes kids need to be a little free and out of a diaper for a bit right? We thought this was a bit entertaining. Luke was just so busy in those little red boots of his. He didn't care who was around or what was going on.( We have more pics but I figured the ones I put on were just right for other viewers. )

For a few minutes Rog and I started a conversation of our own and left Luke to play in his boots and in only his boots mind you.

It wasn't until I looked behind Rog and saw Luke standing behind him looking at something.

Looking at something while leaking onto Rog's jeans.

I cracked up because while I saw this and said something, it took Rog a few seconds to understand what I was talking about because, of course, when you wear jeans it takes a bit before you feel liquid on your skin. For a second, he acted as if I didn't know what I was talking about, but as soon as he probably felt it and realized that the wet spot on his backside was from his son, he then jumped up and was grossed out by the truth I just told him.

I am not sure if Luke realized what he was doing or not but he only hit Rog's pants and did a great job at not making any messes on the floor!

The other thing is that these boots are about 1-2 sizes too small for him. I am not quite sure how he can wear them for so long but you can tell they are small cause after a while he cringes, sits down and in a tiny, tiny panick asks you to take off the boots. Poor kid! I have got to find some more soon!!!

3 comments:

Karie said...

Too funny. Reese loves rainboots too. I think its a really cute thing. How are you guys doing? Tell Luke, way to go! I'm sure Rog wasn't that thrilled.

Anonymous said...

hey kar, I was just going to email you yesterday. I heard you were sick? hope you're doing better. I heard jay had to pick up a pizza during the week so you must have been pretty bad if you couldn't cook? wow girl. we are doing ok here. busy getting this place in order this week.

Devin said...

Too funny. I can just picture the look on Rog's face.