Saturday, April 19, 2008

popping up for spring!







Olivia will be 4 months on Tuesday! Time has just gone by so fast with her! Everyone says how big she looks and I am beginning to agree. I weighed her myself the other day and the scale said she was about 16lbs. I feel like that's alot for a 4 month old? NO???




I was so shocked yesterday when I saw her very first TOOTH popping through those little gums of hers! I couldn't believe it! She had a fever last week and someone at our church had asked if she was teething and I said that it could be possible but babies "teeth" all the time it seems. The running joke with some of us at church is that for everything the reason is because of "teething"


OH! my babies arm is red.... "Teething"


Her nose is running.... "Teething"


Her hair is falling out... "Teething"


She seems to be clumsy today.... Don't worry, it's just because of "teething"


Get my drift?




Well, sure enough! The reason why Liv has a diaper rash, her nose is running, she is cranky lately, drooling like crazy and her fingers constantly in her mouth is this time because of good 'ol teething! I can't quite seem to remember right now when Luke started this whole process but I know it wasn't this early! No wonder she has been biting me lately! OUCH!!!!




These new stages of life are so much fun to watch and be a part of but at the same time it is so sad because my "baby" is getting older! I know it is just one tooth and she will have many more come in but the first one seems to set the pace for all the rest! Even though it gets me a bit emotional ( no crying, just the thought of emotions ya know) I am still not at that point yet where it makes me want to have another right away! I will take a little more time for that. Unless God says otherwise like he did with this little precious girl of ours! Anyways.


When the tooth starts coming out more I will try to snap a pic of it. Right now it is just a sliver of a tooth, but it's still there.

3 comments:

Devin said...

Speaking of teething....guess who else got a tooth on Monday? Ethan! And, I was glad, because I couldn't figure out what in the world was making him the biggest grouch....

Teething. Of course.

And, 4 months already? Seems insane, huh?

Tricia said...

Thanks for your note Aimee. Yeah, I just figure we are all teething over here! =) Actually, I'm fairly certain that Sydney has Roseola, as she fits the bill for it perfectly. So if any babies from church start running a high fever then she probably spread it around... hopefully not. Of course, they say that you "contract" it 5-15 days before you get sick so that's real helpful. We are on the mend over here...I sure hope to be there on Sunday.
Did you miss last night too then? I hope your kids weren't sick!

The Boe's ~ said...

oh she is just SOOOO LOVEABLE!!!!!!! I can't believe she weighs that much. Jaden is 11 months and 19lbs.so she will probably catch up, eh?! So cute.

Thanks again for your help today! The boys had a great time they said!