Once again God has used another family that I have never met to minister to my heart and to show me his power, love and goodness.
I want to say that over this last week I have been checking out most of the families on my sister-in-laws blog of the people she prays for. At first I did this out of curiosity just to get a glimpse of these families and see what they were going through. My curiosity soon turned into care for these families and since then I can't get enough of how God is working in each of their lives. Their stories are so different yet mostly the same.
Today I did the same thing but didn't want to spend too much time because I had many things to accomplish today along with preparing for church tonight. I was ready to head upstairs when once again my curiosity got the best of me and I went on to just one blog. Soon after doing this I saw a message of this family telling everyone to pray for this one little girl that was soon to be born. Her name was Audrey Caroline. I quickly did a blog-jump and was swept into yet another family that would get my full attention.
I wanted to quickly get the jist of what was going on but an hour and a half later I finished in amazement at the way God was ever so present in the lives of these people. I soon found out that this ordianary family wasn't so ordinary. The husband is from the group Selah and because of this my attention was glued!
I don't talk of this much but around the time I first miscarried I was into listening to Selah's music and realized God was working in my life through their ministry. Long story short alot of their songs gave me a new way of thinking and that was only because the Lord opened my eyes and my heart to his truths.
Once again today the Lord has used this man's family to touch my life and to show me just how good and powerful and loving he is. There are so many other words I can use to describe my Lord but they are all jumbled up in my head at the moment.
My heart goes out to this family but at the same time I thank God for sparing this family the heartache that would have come if they saw their little baby suffer in this world. I don't know if that last sentence sounded right or not but God knows my heart and the way I am thinking right now.
These last few days I have realized how blessed I am and how thankful I should be for the children I have, their health, and God's protection over them. He can take them, and us, at any moment he chooses and yet he is gracious enough to spare us that heartache for now. I am also so thankful that God has shown me that even if the tables were turned and our life had more trials in it, that He is still the I AM and he hasn't and will never change!
If you happen to have a moment, go on to this blog to see how God has used this family. I know this is not the end for them but probably just the beginning. God is truly at work with this family and I can't wait to see what's going to come of it. I am not trying to get everyone to gauk at this family of feel sorry for them because they are real people dealing with real sorrow but I pray that you would be blessed the way I have been through this.
Ok, I think I need to leave this for now and finish what I was trying to get to a few hours ago. Ugghhh! and my pastor just preached about how good things(children, housework, being blessed by a family) sometimes get you away from the best thing (spending time with Christ and his word)during your day. Lesson learned. I am going now.
Stay Cool This Summer In Chambray
8 years ago
2 comments:
Aim,
What a funny thing...I just posted about this this morning, and then I come here to read your words.
I think you have gotten a glimpse of how these families have helped me...
God is good, even when we can't see.
Dev
Post a Comment