Thursday, July 5, 2012

An Ear Piercing Kind of Day

I realize I have not been much of a blogger these last so many months. OK. Maybe the last year and a half due to three small children that take up so much of my time and energy. 
I have missed a few posts from the last few months so the next few posts will be out dated but needed in our Merritt moments of memories. *wink

With that said, back in March, on a Sunday, I had just finished Liv's hair and we were about ready to head out our door for church. Before running to the car, she ran to the bathroom to check out her hairstyle. 
"Do you like it Liv?" I said. 

 Liv: "Um, Yes, but you know my hair would be really cute if my ears were pierced." 

Me: "Well, ask Daddy and maybe we can get them done."

Liv: "Like, TODAY? After church???"

Me: "Well, why not."

So... That's what we did! 
We went out to lunch after church and ran to Claire's before I had to go back for Ladies Bible Study.
This little girl was just BEYOND EXCITED!





SHE DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH!
Rog and I thought for sure she would cry or get somewhat scared to the point I would have to hold her.
All she said as soon as they did it was, "Ouch. That kinda hurt."
She was all smiles and thrilled to finally have her ears pierced. 


Grandma even showed up seconds before the piercing for support!


I am pretty sure Liv had this look on her face for a few hours after due to shock and excitement. 


She got her sucker and back home we went. 
I left for my Ladies night and all was wonderful. 
Well, that was until I got the call that they went to the park and Liv slid down the slide with Lyse and her left earing got ripped out of her ear. 

There was slight panic on daddy's end and on Liv's end when they figured out how fast a new ear closes up and heals. 
Telling Liv she had to have it redone was a bit of an episode but the next day I took her back, fixed the hole, another sucker was given and the world started to rotate again. *smirk

It all wasn't too bad and an all in all good experience. 

My little four year old has her ears pierced! 
A moment I always wanted her to enjoy just as much as I would. 
One main reason I did not get them done when she was a baby. I wanted her to want them and be so excited for them. 
This was that day and it was all worth it!



3 comments:

Devin said...

So proud of you Livy for not even crying! What a big girl. And now she really LOOKS like a big girl, too, with those earrings!

Karie said...

So cute. I can't believe our little girls are old enough for this, sheesh! Reese just asked me if she could get her ears double pierced, ummm..... are we 16 yet?!?

Karie said...

So cute. I can't believe our little girls are old enough for this, sheesh! Reese just asked me if she could get her ears double pierced, ummm..... are we 16 yet?!?