Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HaPpY 4th of JULY!!!!

 Another year, another 'the 4th of the July' as Liv has been saying today. Wow was it a HOT day but a great one spent with family! 


Before losing my children in the family mix, I grabbed my mom as soon as we arrived to her house and had a few family photos taken. Not sure why I dress my kids when all we do there is swim but I did and so glad I got a few memories of today before the hot, sweaty, pool saturated, chlorine mess. 




AHHH! done and so thankful they were cooperative. *wink

Today was extra special because we enjoyed the day with cousins that we only see every so often. It was so great to have Andy, Amy, Alexa and Mya here for the day before they picked up Drew from the airport!  

This pic was missing Drew and Ireland so we will have to get together again soon to do a retake. 


After a full day of swimming and eating delicious food, we headed to our traditional spot to watch the fireworks. It's what Luke and Liv waited the whole week for!


My dad and mom are so generous and kind to set up camp a few hours early to grill hot dogs and have some snacks ready for us and whoever else joins our group.



This year we didn't have many join us but it did allow some father/ son bonding time.



Ireland crawled right over to me and climbed up in my lap. SHE IS JUST THE CUTEST THING and could squeeze her every time she smiles at me and shows me her adorable personality!


By this time tonight, Lyse was just beside herself and didn't know what she wanted. Can't blame her. She was up at 8 AM and swam in the crazy heat without a nap and was probably a bit on the dehydrated side.


Seconds before I told her to smile she was whining and just beside herself. She was kind enough to put that on hold and cheese one up for me.


But then...


went right back...


to her little...


crabby self!
Moments like these, Rog and I are helpless and just sit there in awe without knowing what on EARTH to do for this child.



The lights went out and we were getting ready to watch the light show!
Well, all of us but Annelyse of course.


She tried for a moment but hid her head the entire time.


Liv wasn't fond of them this year either but settled down once she was in her grandpa's arms.




The grand finale was pretty great and as soon as they were done, Lyse was a new little girl. As if the booms from the fireworks gave her a boost of energy.
So much so that she gave me a cheesy grin for a final picture. Wouldn't look at me of course, but still gave me a smile.




Crabbiness and all it was a GREAT DAY! 

I just LOVE the 4th of the July! *wink*

I am so glad I have my husband, children, parents, sisters and family to share it with! (Along with the rest of America)

It's what makes the day so special!





1 comment:

Devin said...

This pics are so great, Aim! You look really cute Ms. Preggo :)