Friday, August 12, 2011

A Full Day of Family Fun! Shorewood Fest!

After resting a bit we hopped back in the van and were on our way to our town carnival.
I feel like we were just there from last year. It was so much fun watching our kids have fun and enjoying the rides. Liv HATED these rides last year and that allowed for Luke to take Liv's tickets. This time however, we realized Liv now had a  LOVE for the rides and after only 3 rides a piece and 20 tickets later, we were going back to the ticket booth for a few more.




This was my ALL TIME FAVORITE ride as a child!







Finally, the tickets were gone and we chilled for a bit while the guys played.


We then headed over for a delicious elephant ear and a refreshing lemonade. We were stopped in amazement at probably the most beautiful dog I have ever seen! He was so friendly and stood there as twenty people came up to him in awe of his beauty.
This picture does not even come close to how gorgeous this dog was.
"HE'S SO FLUFFY!" *wink*


Annelyse even got to pet him. Right before I took this picture, the owner let the dog walk right up to her and they were nose to nose! NO JOKE! I started getting the anxious mom stance but realized this dog was completely harmless. It made me want a dog for about a minute. 
(I'm good now. No need for a dog, the moment passed)


We finally pulled ourselves away, ate our yummy food and sat around until it was fireworks time!
Annelyse was NOT a fan and quickly jumped into Papa's arms for protection.
(Take a good look, does anyone else see the EXACT resemblance between these two? I mean their profiles are exactly the same! WOW)






I walked up to the rest of my family on a hill watching the show and couldn't help but stand in awe of the view of our town way up here. If it were day time I am sure I would have been able to see where I grew up. (with binoculars of course)



Ah Shorewood Fest! 

So many memories and I now get to share them with my children!



1 comment:

Kristina said...

That dog reminds me of Nana from Peter Pan.