Last Saturday, Joliet had a whole street just for kids.
I have missed it in years passed and didn't want to miss it this year. I figured since it was a full day of things to do with the kids, that I would ask Grandma Nette and Papa if they wanted to join us. I was so glad they were free and said yes.
First up, checking out a Humvee,
Face painting
It was pretty hot outside so we did a quick run into the Joliet Rialto. What we thought was just a restroom/air conditioned break turned into checking out the view on stage. I was actually really shocked they allowed this but I was gonna take the opportunity to see what it was like on stage.
After our view and breather, we realized that ponies were asking us to ride them so of course we just HAD to. I thought the kids were gonna chicken out as soon as it was time meet the ponies but they were ALL about these cute little animals. Their smiles say it all!
Annelyse had a great time hanging out with her Grandma Nette.
Papa too but she sure is fond of her Grandma!
Next up!
Bubbles,
Then a view from a Joliet garbage truck.
Who knows? Maybe in 15 years Luke will be driving one of these? *wink*
Last on the list was Luke learning how to change a tire.
He did a pretty good job...
and was pretty proud of himself when it was complete!
That was it for Kidzfest and it sure did make us all hungry!
We just had to go eat!
That was just half of our day and after filling our bellies and resting for a few minutes we jumped back in the car and ran off to our next fest...


















No comments:
Post a Comment