I was ecstatic and was so giddy for a few days I could hardly stand it.
The time was here and I was ready to be an Aunt AGAIN!
The day began with a text from my brother-in -law saying that the Dr. was breaking her water and she was in active labor. I couldn't stand being at home just waiting, so around 11:30, I called my mother, (who was in the delivery room) asking if I could bring some lunch over. I just wanted to be there and I didn't care if I was in the parking lot I just wanted to be close.
Being rushed and trying to take care of my little ones along with hurrying up, drying my hair, I was minutes from being on the road and on my way.
Until the phone rang.
It was my mother.
I was about to answer and quickly say that I know I am running late but food would be there shortly.
And then, hearing my mother on the other end, frantically saying something was wrong was when my heart sunk and my brain went in slow motion.
I was moving fast, doing what I needed to do but my brain was in rewind mode and I was now on the other side of what my family lived through 2 years ago with me.
I couldn't believe it. Could this really be happening?
All my mom said was something was wrong. She didn't know what but shanna was on her way to an emergency c- section.
REALLY?
With only knowing that I rushed over, in tears and trying to let family know so they too could head to the hospital.
All while asking the Lord to spare us any heart ache and loss.
My only thought was could we really be going through this and would God's plans really be to send our family down this road again?
I was trying to prepare my mind but wanting nothing more than to rush into the hospital and sit right next to my sister.
I have never felt this feeling in my entire life and I think I now realize the panic my husband had with me.
I was now outside the Labor/Delivery room doors not knowing what to say to get in when my mom called me and said Shanna just had a baby girl and she was fine.
AMEN! PRAISE THE LORD! THANK YOU GRACIOUS LORD!
It was BEST for Shanna to deliver a healthy baby girl and for that I PRAISE GOD!
The rest of that day I felt like I was picking up the pieces that were thrown all at once. I had an adrenaline rush and the rest of the day I was working on getting my breathing back to a calm mode.
I am THRILLED to say I am an aunt to a BEAUTIFUL baby girl, IRELAND KAYE!
Mom, Dad and baby are doing wonderful and they couldn't be happier!
It turned out that all of the panic was the baby's heart rate dropped and they didn't know why so their only answer was an emergency c- section.
After she was born, the only thing the Dr. could think of was that maybe Ireland grabbed her umbilical cord and cut off oxygen.
WE ARE SO BLESSED!!!!!
I must say, I had a moment of heart ache over these two and today I am so thankful they are safe, healthy and here!
God is GOOD!
ALL THE TIME!
3 comments:
I love you! Thank you for posting this.
WHEW!
I have to say, I had a moment of sinking heart too, and I was so apprehensive to read this post at first....
But I made myself keep reading, in case another mama out there needed my prayers....
PRAISE GOD for His great mercy and deliverance!
And baby Ireland is gorgeous!
Man, babe...had no idea Shanna went through that (or ANY of you went through that, I should say....) So, so thankful the Lord was gracious in THIS specific way, allowing all to be healthy and safe. New neicey is a beauty!
Post a Comment