Thursday, September 30, 2010

How to get Luke to eat his meat.

The last few months, Luke has been big on his age.
Right now he is 3 and I have been telling him that when the baby is here he will be turning 4.
Since then, he can't seem to get enough of those two numbers and does everything in three's and four's.

Most dinners, it takes Luke everything he has in  him to finish his meat. If it's chicken, ketchup MUST be involved and if it's steak, Ketchup plus a large glass of milk MUST be there to help assist him.

I have a hard time watching him because I was the same way when I was younger. Meat isn't really my thing so I totally understand what he's going through.

With that said, sometimes I try to help him out a bit.

Me: "Ok Luke, Just eat 2 more bites and you may be done."

Luke: "NO! NOT 2! I am 3"

Me: "Ok then, 3 more bites and you may be done."

Luke: "No, 4! I am going to be 4 soon."

Now, realizing he has no clue what he is doing to himself other than completely cleaning his plate, I of course agree and make that seem like the greatest idea he has ever had.

Hmmm. I wonder what he will do when I say he will be 5 after he turns 4????

The whole conversation is really cute but it kills me to see him struggle with those last few bites.
Oh well, I am the Mom and I can hide the pain pretty well. *smirk*

2 comments:

Devin said...

Ha! Poor little guy...he's digging himself a hole and he doesn't even realize it!

And you are just standing by and watching. How cruel.

Bwahahaha.

Leanne said...

I understand and laughed....

We have a picky eater too. And when I say picky, I mean more than picky!!

I love that reasoning and I love that he is so set on it without realizing it!!