Saturday, September 25, 2010

Never so relieved and happy!


I never thought that walking outside and seeing this at the door,


for this little girl,


and opening up to find nothing better than,


a blanket we thought was lost forever,


would make this very pregnant hormonal mommy little girl ever so happy!


I mean, after all, it was Liv's blanket that she has been attached to for about two years now so why would I be so overworked a bit more than she was when we realized we had left it at a motel that said we were in a room other than the one we were in and they said that Robert Merritt was checked in and there was no such name as a Roger Merritt!

I thought it was lost forever!

Thankfully, my mother, Liv's very on top of things Grandmother, called her sister, who lived close by to the motel, to see if she could work her magic and find  that lost little blanket that the desk clerk said wasn't there.

What do you know!
They found it, my aunt rescued it and had it in the mail a day or so later!

Thanks Aunt Char!!!!
This very pregnant hormonal mommy Liv is so thrilled to have it back, safe in her bed!

Liv then walked her blanket up the stairs and while doing so said, "I just LOVE IT!"

Too cute!

Really am so thankful to have this blanket back.

For Liv's sake ofcourse! *wink*

Just for her, I was more than willing to find a sitter for a day, drive 4 hours, check the room, clean the sheets in the laundry room myself and drive 4 hours back, if that meant a rescued blanket!

I mean, a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do right?

Thankfully none of that happened, the blanket was found, gas was saved and a very determined Daddy kept this very pregnant hormonal Mommy calm enough to stay put!

All is well with the world.

Now. *smirk*


4 comments:

Marcy said...

I was going to tell you I hoped you were able to get the blanket back, because the same thing happened to me when I was 3 years old! I left my favorite blanket at a hotel on a family vacation. We thought it was gone forever, but the hotel graciously mailed it to our house! So happy for you all! Can't wait to hear the news of your little one's arrival!:)
-Marcy (Karie's friend:))

Devin said...

Oh, the look on her face in that last picture, hugging the blanket and smiling, says it ALL! I'm there with you--so glad she got it back! I'd have been in the car the next day for sure too! :)

The Boe's ~ said...

yup, Liv says it all in that one picture...too cute! Glad you and HER got it back safe and sound! Sounds like you missed it too... *Wink :)

R said...

My husband still thanks me for turning around and driving two extra hours to go back and get his pillows. He didn't complain at all when we had a flat after getting back on the road... ok, that's a lie- but he did keep the complaints to a minimum. Glad you got her blanket back safe & sound!