Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES!" "LET'S GO SEE THE STARS!!!"


The very first thing that came to my mind while thinking about the title for this post was a line that only my sisters and mother would appreciate.

The scene from ANNIE when Mr. Warbucks was taking Annie out to the movies for the night.
(I need to be done talking about this or I might just break out in song)

ANYWAYS...

Rog and I have been talking since our first movie night with the kids about how great it will be to take them to their first theatre experience!
I think we were more excited than Luke and Livy.
Not sure though cause they have been talking about it for a while.

Well, the day finally arrived after a few months of talking it up and getting them thrilled.

I really don't think there is anything better than becoming a parent and having fun just because your kids are having fun!
Yes, date night is a WONDERFUL thing but there is something about having a great time even when it's all just for your kids.

So, we woke up, ate breakfast, dressed, and headed out for our first MOVIE!

What movie?

ONLY TOY STORY 3!!!




Luke was so excited that he made sure he wore his Toy Story shoes instead of his every day flip flops.


OH and Liv just couldn't go without her glasses and purse!
Of course.


They both really did a great job!
We figured we would have to take them out a few times for potty breaks but, to my surprise, they didn't budge the entire movie!
They were glued and loved every bit of it!



The popcorn was pretty yummy as well!

It was all for the kids, of course. *wink*

Have I mentioned how I am just loving the fact of us being together this summer?

So BLESSED!


4 comments:

Karie said...

That looks like so much fun. Jay is taking Reese to see that.

Anonymous said...

oh not callen? I bet he would do really well? Liv did amazing! just give him snacks the whole time! ;)

Devin said...

Fun! My boys went and saw it with Grandma, they loved it.

Leanne said...

Oh no....

As soon as I saw the post title, I knew right away what you were referring to!!! We love that movie!!!

I think our family of 9 will have to wait till Toy Story 3 comes out on DVD, or pay over $80 just to get in! No thanks!

Glad you had a good time, you're making memories!