Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ah. A month go by and no talk about a mess???

I figured it has been a while without a post about some sort of mess in my house.

Well, what do you know!
I found one!

Before I start with the pictures let me set up the scene.

Rog and I were downstairs when I realized the kids were being extra good without us around.
I mentioned to him that I should probably go check on our children because the pattern is that when everything is good and peaceful, Luke and Liv are up to something.

I kid you not, it wasn't even five minutes later when Luke ran down the stairs with a big smile and something to say.


"LOOK MOM! Look at me!"





Now, all I had to do was glance at his lips to figure out just what it was.
Rog, however, didn't figure it out as fast but all he could say was, "That better not be my chap stick."

WHAT???

We both rushed up the stairs, Rog, looking for his chap stick, and I was looking for my.....


 Ah yes!


My opened bag of makeup with everything thrown on the floor and my lip stick smeared all over Liv's face with a bit on the carpet.

Why not right?

Now. Let me just say this.
It's almost as if my precious little one's read my mind because before I went downstairs to sit with my husband I went to my bag that was sitting on the floor. We had gone away the night before and I hadn't put anything away yet. I remember thinking that I should zip my bag so that Luke and Liv did not see my makeup bag because, if they did, it would be everywhere!

How did I know?
Why did I not just take 5 minutes and put everything away?
Not sure but probably just figured their little minds would never think of such a thing.



Nope. These little children of mine know better than to go in MOMMY'S makeup and smear lipstick all over!



So. What did I do you might be thinking?
Nothing more than make sure I told Rog not to touch a thing before I took some pictures!
After all.
They are kids and are little and devious only for a short time.
Well. Devious might be for a while!

5 comments:

Roger said...

Man, Liv looks a little rough in that last pic.

Aim said...

HAHAHA!!!! I know! maybe that's why she got into my makeup! :)

The Boe's ~ said...

This is hilarious!!!! Aimee you have that mothers instinct like you "always know somethings up", they aren't going to like that when they get a little bit older!! ha ha ha ha!!!!

Leanne said...

Yes. I know allllll about this!

After all, we do have a three year old, and she does like to get into everything!

Ang said...

i agree w/ rog, on livi's last pic.... runny nose and makeup. beautiful.