Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just being A Big Brother


The other week Luke decided to take on his role as a Big Brother. He insisted on feeding his little sis and of course, I wanted to see what was going to happen.

I gave him a spoon of his own because if Liv's spoon was taken from her, there might have been an uproar.
She was a trooper and let him feed her for a few minutes at least. It's more than what she will let me or Rog do for her.



A while after breakfast, Luke came to me and said, "Mommy, Sissy pooped."

Thinking that I would get to that task in a few minutes apparantly wasn't fast enough for Luke.
I went downstairs and saw the hardest part already at hand. No, he didn't already have it changed, but somehow convinced Liv to lay down and get her diaper changed. I couldn't believe it. I should have waited a bit longer to see if he would have gotten the job done.

Later that day Luke was playing with his blocks and was showing Liv how to use blocks as if they were guns. He had her making the noise and everything. I am telling you, this boy was determined to be a great big brother on this day. I hate to say that everyday isn't this easy but for some reason he woke up with a joyful heart and love for his little sis! Now, I am sure somewhere in there he let her know just who was in charge by giving her a little push or taking something from her but the good overtook my mind rather than the bad this day. (shrew!)

Luke truly loves his little sis who is quickly growing up and getting as big as him! I really don't know what came over him on this day but I am so thankful for all of these sweet moments!
Now, let's just hope the two of them are just as kind to our little arrival here in just a few short months.

2 comments:

The Boe's ~ said...

That is so adorable! I would have liked to see how far he would have gotten with the diaper too, ha ha!! Too sweet!

Devin said...

That last pic is just so sweet!

Here's hoping that sort of behavior continues forever and ever and ever and....