Saturday, October 11, 2008

Um, What's my Name?

My whole life all I wanted to be was a wife and mother. I couldn't wait for either. I would often find myself dreaming of what those days would be like, having my husband come home from work, I would be cooking dinner, watching my children play and all the other things that would involve household chores and mother duties.
Well, those days have come and I love every minute of it! I especially love the times when my babies call out to me.
"mommy" "ma ma"
Liv is now calling for me (not as much as she calls for her dada) but I think the best thing was waiting for my firstborn to get old enough to know who I am and call me his MOM.

The last few months that is about all that comes out of Lukes mouth(like I stated in my last post);however, the last week or so Luke has been doing the same but not in the way that I had always dreamed.
All I hear from his mouth when he wants me is.

"Aimee""Aimee"
"Aimee"
Um, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
"Luke, I am MOMMY"
So now, this has begun to be a nice little game for Luke and I really think he is calling me that just to get a rise out of me and a nice little chuckle at the end of it all.

He was calling Rog by name a few weeks before this but I think as soon as he heard someone calling me Aimee he thought it would be more fun to say that name instead of his daddy's.
That or he just loves his daddy more than that "aimee" lady that takes care of him all day every day. He could at least hear someone calling me Mrs. Merritt and think that was neat to call me.
That would at least sound a little more respectful and polite right?

No comments: