Since I still can't post up pictures on my blog, I thought I would continue to share the thoughts that are rolling around in my head.
(I know, sometimes that can be a little scary!)
Any who.
Observing my children over the last few days, I have found a few things that are cute, amusing and just enjoyable to be a part of.
Luke:
He is just so into wanting to know about everything lately. He is just a joy these days. Actually, He has always been a joy but these last few days his personality is really flowing! Did anyone else realize my baby boy is going to be a whopping 2 in just 2 weeks? *tear* *sigh* (ok now it's 1 week because I am updating this from last week)
ok back to my point here.
Most of Lukes day consist of:
"mom"
Yes Luke
"mom"
Yes Luke
"MOMMY"
Yees Luke
"Mom"
luke
"mom"
luke
"MOM" (Now at the yelling stage)
LUKE
And finishing with either a cheesy chuckle or a question from my dear and precious son.
No lie, this could last a whole car ride to church or a whole breakfast at the table.
He also does the same to rog. It's funny though, It is cute and all and that is what Rog said the other day. He said," I love it when he does this", However, I get it alot during the day and rog gets it maybe half of what I do but yes, it is cute and fun when he acts like this. Just not when I am waiting for him to tell me something. :)
Another thing luke has been saying:
"is that?" "Is that mommy?" I kindly tell him and he responds with, "oh"
the other day he responded with "oh, cool"
what? how does he know when to say these things?
Today we were outside kicking a ball around and after I would kick it he would say,
"Awe-some"
What? When did he learn or hear that?
Oh yeah, another thing he does constantly is:
"Watch this, Watch this Daddy, Daddy, watch this" and off he goes doing something silly, jumping on the bed, kicking a ball or jumping off of something.
This also could last a while when he gets in his silly moods. We were at a store the other night and Rog was saying he was saying this non stop for a while. He would say this phrase, run away, come running back and do something silly. That and for a while he would run right up to Rog and kick him right in the leg. I am really surprised Rog didn't get on him for that one. All he did was look down at his crazy son and laugh at him hysterically as if our child was out of his mind. All he had was a little reeses before we went to the store? Could that have been the problem?
OH and Olivia:
Sweet baby Liv has been just all over lately. Something she does that I just can't get enough of is when she wakes up from her nap she looks up above her pack n play (she is still in our room) and points to our wedding picture and usually says, "da da". Every time she looks and points it's as if she has never seen it before. She just gets so excited and it starts off her afternoon with happiness.
I am not sure if I have posted this yet or not but she is crawling and has been for 3 weeks or so now. she is getting really brave and has tackled the stairs. She has made it up about 7 times now. A few of those times I didn't even realize she was up until after she was done. whoops.
She is pulling herself up constantly and I have noticed the last two days she has been really bold and will stand up and let go and balance for quite a few seconds.
She is into EVERYTHING! Wow! I don't remember Luke getting into this much. Maybe there is more laying around or maybe I just don't remember but man it is constant.
I do have a few more items to list on what has gone into her mouth but I will save that for another day. :)
My mom was sure she said Book today. My mom was holding her and there was a book lying by the stairs. She said that Liv pointed to it and said "book" I think I might just have to believe this one because it is someone other than mom or dad saying it. What Grandma says is usually true so I am sticking with it.
other words we have thought she has attempted to say:
Thank you
Luke
right there
Oh and she has learned to give kisses now but only on her terms of course.
One more thing that makes us all laugh.
Since Liv has pretty much been alive she has made this noise. It is like she is gasping for air. She used to do it and no big deal but it has become a game for her and she will do it to get attention or when her Aunt Shanna is around she will usually do it first and egg Olivia on and then it lasts for a few minutes. Of course it is super funny because she will just mock whoever does it first. She will gasp for a long time too. There have been times when I wonder if maybe she has a problem and she isn't trying to get a laugh out of us? The funniest times she does it is when I am feeding her at night and it is dark in our room. I get the vibe she is about out and then, all of a sudden, she makes this noise and that is when I know she was fooling me and she isn't anywhere near ready to go to bed. That usually makes rog and I burst out laughing.
Wow my babies are just growing way too fast!
I am just so thankful for sweet, healthy, loving little kids who have their fair share of fits and tantrums. The times when their sin is so evident is usually when I am just so thankful for Gods grace and giving me times when I can cherish their sweet moments!
I think my thoughts will be done for now. Until next time! (oh and for those of you reading this that were in my small group tonight. Not bad thoughts from a girl who had an awful lot of trouble remembering the subject hmm???)*yeah, bout that..... Wow that was bad...* don't worry kristi, I will keep you updated on the question you asked me. ;)
Stay Cool This Summer In Chambray
8 years ago
1 comment:
I got such a kick out of imagining Luke saying, "oh. cool." HA!
I can't wait to see you guys...sounds like they have changed just in the few short weeks we haven't seen you guys!
Oh yeah, and I died laughing thinking of Olivia and her gasping noises too! *grin*
Post a Comment