OK I just have to post this before I forget or become distracted. I am posting this more for my own personal memory but thought I would share it as well.
Yesterday I was outside with my children. (or was it the day before? see I am already forgetting) I think it was Saturday. OK
I was holding Liv and Luke was walking around playing with his bat and ball, jumping in his pool and doing many other things that just wear me out.
He walked in the garage and tried pulling out the broom so that he could play with it.
I jump out of my seat to go help him and he sees me and in his words says, "Mommy. Broom. help you." (help you only means help me)
I think to myself that I don't want him to play with the broom cause it is just one more thing that is going to be on the ground and become an easy target for a fall.
The easy mommy that I am can just not resist the look on his face so of course I give in and bring it out.
Immediately, Luke hands me the broom so I can show him how to sweep and of course I gave it a quick push to show him just how it works.
Handing the broom back to him and stepping out of the way so he can give it a try only results in my ankle becoming a clear target to sweep up.
OH the pain.
I am sure everyone knows just what it feels like to have a hard object hit you right in the middle of a bone with not much skin.
OH the pain.
There was a handle of some sort on the edge of this push broom and of course I had to run right into it as I was stepping over to get out of the way.(I was too slow. did I already state that)
Well, heading over to the bench, (in almost tears) trying not to drop my daughter that is still in my arms and trying not to yelp too loud for others to hear, while dancing around to get the pain to go away, my son looks at me as if I am some crazy person.
I say all of this for one end result.
I finally get to my seat and am pretend crying as Luke is still looking at me with much sympathy and with the cutest, biggest brown eyes a 21 month old has. He was just staring with a blank look trying to think of what he could do.
He had no idea whatsoever to do with me.
Then, all of a sudden it was as if he got the best idea.
He let out a great big "SIGH" and stood on his tip toes, threw his little arms around me and gave me a kiss to make everything all better.
You know what?
IT worked!
No wonder that is all kids ever look for when they get hurt!
It was a special mommy moment for me and I don't ever want to forget just how sympathetic and loving my little boy was at that moment.
Either that or he saw just how pathetic I actually was.
I think I will go with the other.
Stay Cool This Summer In Chambray
8 years ago
3 comments:
Like I said before,Can't he stay this small forever?? I can't picture Luke being any older then 3!
Awhhhhhh, that is the best!
soooo cute Aim. Love those moments!
Post a Comment