OK well. I am skipping Sunday of our weekend until I can get some pics up and running so until then I am posting what we did on our Monday!
After a nice breakfast that Daddy made, we were out the door to play in the warm sun! Rog and I both thought that we would try the sprinkler again for Luke. (Remember last summer and our experience with that? Didn't go so well) Well, I tried talking it up and making it sound like it was the most fun in the world. I put on his trunks, lathered him in sunscreen and turned on the water.
One drop of water and what do you suppose?
Yep!
He HATED it!
Every single drop and ounce of fun was turned into screaming and tears. I thought that maybe being with Daddy would make everything all better. Most of the time all he needs is his SUPER DADDY and all is well.
NOT TODAY.

I guess we will just have to wait for his Grandma and Grandpa to open up there nice warm pool!
(by the way grandma and grandpa, mommy said she will be more than ecstatic to help get that up and running)
Well, after many drops of water, along with tears, off he went to his cozy, dry, water free bed. He rested up so that he was ready to see his Grandpa and Gampa (both the same I know but that is who they are) Aunts and Uncle and cousins.
As far as little miss Liv.
She had some fun out in the sun or should I say in the exercauser out in the garage. This was her first time in the exercauser and she just loved it!
She also had some fun sitting and playing with her Grandma!
She had so much fun that she couldn't take it any longer! She was out cold on Grandma's lap while everyone was outside. Who knows... Maybe she thought our conversations were a bit on the boring side?
Just a few shots of the fam!
Luke and his daddy once again playing catch! Is there anything else that these two do other than play with a bat and a ball?
Thanks Mom and Dad for having this little get together! We had so much fun and we also enjoyed the yummy fish and desserts! Oh the potatoes and corn were great too but c'mon, you know the real point to our dinner!
2 comments:
Poor Luke. I know exactly how you feel. You set up something you think they will love and they hate it. Reese was like that with pools last year. She still HATES to get her hair or face wet, so we'll see how this year goes.
Your so funny....can't wait to see part #2 now :)
Luke cracks me up! Jared is/was the same way. What if Luke hates the water or pool? That would NOT be good for you, huh? Jared will STILL not go in a (big)pool even this year, he hates getting his face wet as well!!!! (have you tried a kiddie pool with Luke?) oh well, if we ever go swimming together they can at least have a buddy to play with :)
Post a Comment