A little birdie called us up yesterday afternoon to inform us that Roger's mom (Lynette) was going to be in a piano recital that evening. This little birdie said that she found out Lynette didn't tell any of her family members about it because she didn't want to bug anyone or make us feel like we needed to go.
OOOHHHH Shame, Shame!!!!
Because of that, I hung up the phone, called Rog to let him know and told him that I was getting ready and leaving the house in time to make it! She was also the first one of the night so there was absolutely no being late!!! Rog made it home from work in time and we all hurried out to see Grandma play her songs!
She did a great job! I am putting up her recital on video for those family members that live too far away! I don't think she knew I was taping her but I feel it is only fair to share how she did with her other two sons and daughter in laws. I also feel that her other 5 grandchildren would love to see Grandma play! I do apologize for Luke being so loud in the video! He only made it through until Grandma was finished and then Rog took him out for the rest! It's a good thing she was first or else we would have been in trouble with the little ones.
We were so excited to be able to surprise Lynette last night and despite how nervous she was, she did very well! Thanks little birdie for chirping the info this way! Let us know if Grandma is keeping anything else from us! :)
( Lynette and her piano teacher )
GREAT JOB GRANDMA!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! Can't wait for your next one! Let us know

( Olivia lovin' on her grandma after the recital)
Luke and Grandma playing baseball at the end of the night.
Luke and Grandma playing baseball at the end of the night. A bit more relaxed too!!!
2 comments:
Ah, Moonlight Sonata....one of my favorites. Lynette, I know you are reading this, and you did a great job. All the Merritts in Catlin are PROUD of you!
Aim, thanks for posting so all of us could see this too! The boys loved it.
Hi Aimee! I was taking a look at your blog, and I have to say you have such a cute family!
Post a Comment