Monday, December 24, 2007

Our baby is here!

We are very excited to present a precious little GIRL! Olivia Ann came into the world on Dec. 22 at 11:36pm . She was four days over due but let me tell you that when she is ready to do something boy is she determined! I was just glad we made it to the hospital in time! I labored all day at home and around 7pm I realized that maybe it was time to get to the hospital. When the nurse checked me I was already at 8cm or so she thought. Not too long after that the doc. came in and said I was complete and ready to go! There was just a little bit of a scare though because the cord was very tight around her little head and when she was pulled out she was very pale. It didn't take all that long for the nurses to get her color back to a nice shade of pink. She was 7lbs. 12oz. and 20in. long. Just two ounces bigger than luke. The doctor was so focused on getting her out that she forgot to look to see what we had. The nurses anxiously asked what it was and she said, "oh, a girl!" I couldn't believe it and was shocked for a while. It took me a while to get it in my head that we were now parents of a girl but it has now grown on me and am loving every minute! I couldn't wait for Luke to finally meet his new little sister! The other day he was hit with another wonderful cough/cold so the doc didn't really want him around Olivia or me. We brought him by for a quick visit but his grandparents soon took him back home to rest. He was a little unsure of this new little bundle in my arms, but I am sure he will adjust soon.We are home now and can't wait to spend Christmas here as a family of 4! Such a wonderful Christmas gift!

Thank you all for your prayers! I was able to labor at home until I was ready to go and there was absolutely no need for inducing! The Lord is very gracious!






4 comments:

Devin said...

Rog and Aim,

Congratulations from all of us down here. Olivia is absolutely beautiful.

It is funny--I look at one picture and think "she looks a lot like Colin to me!" (the one of the side of the blog.) Then, there was another that I totally saw Luke, and yet another I saw Ethan, and another I saw Cameron! I don't know if I am going crazy or not, or if the genes really are such that they all look very similar--at least at this stage or something!

But she definitely has her own uniqueness as well, and she is gorgeous. We are all so happy for you guys. Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow, Merry Christmas and we will see you soon!

Shane, Dev and the boys

The Colorado Carrs said...

Oh my word, I have just been waiting and waiting. I am so happy she was able to come out on her own. She is Magnificent...Merry Christmas to you!!!

Karie said...

Aimee,
I wanted to call again last night as soon as we saw her on that website, but it was late, Jay and I couldn't get over how beautiful she is. She is just a perfect little baby. I am still in shock that you guys have a girl, it looks so weird for Rog to be holding a baby in pink, you guys will love it though. Anyways... you looked awesome too, when did you have the baby? J/K! You guys have a great Christmas, love you all.

Kar

The Boe's ~ said...

She is SUCH a doll and we can't wait to meet her when we get back. Does she look like Rog or what? Luke was totally you and now Olivia has Rogers coloring-- at least in the pictures :) Thanks for the updates and Merry Christmas to you all!!