Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Life over the last week!

I must say that it has been quite the week! A wonderful, long, relaxing, enjoyable week! We have pretty much stayed in doors the last few days and spent time together as a family! It has been so nice to just do nothing but enjoy our little family. I don't think we have started one day this week before 11am? Luke is still trying to get over his cough so he has been a sleepy baby lately! Once he gets up is usually when our day begins.

Christmas morning(more like afternoon) was very nice. Luke still doesn't get the whole gift thing but it was fun watching him enjoy the paper and toys! I think he had more fun with the paper but what boy doesn't like destroying or ripping things apart? We kept Christmas pretty simple around here this year! It is kind of nice being simple with gifts so that the focus isn't on getting things!

I am not sure if Daddy is trying to get prepared now for two little ones but Shepparding a Child's Heart is back out and thoroughly being read! Our Son's sin nature is becoming more and more evident these days and I think Daddy wants to get a jump on things just so he is ready!

It was time on Saturday to give Olivia her first bath! She wasn't a big fan so we had to make it a fast one. Rog did most of the pics on the video camera so I will see if I can get that up and running soon but who hasn't seen a baby taking a bath? We will see just how much energy I will have for that in the next few days!

It has been amazingly fun to dress this little girl! Grandma (Rog's mom) has been having a blast lately too with all the pretty outfits! I am hoping I can be pretty disciplined with not being so picky about her clothes and just be thankful for her to have clothes but it may take some time! She is a pretty close replica of my baby dolls I used to dress and take care of! There is nothing like dressing a little girl! I must say that our little girl looks different in almost every picture! She is a sweet baby though! Rog and I couldn't have asked for a better baby. I am sure things will change as time goes on but this little girl barely cries and if she does it is not for long! Night time is the best so far! She barely makes a peep at night and shows signs of hunger by grunting not crying! That has truly been a blessing!
We celebrated New Year's Eve with my parents. It was nice to get out of the house but still be able to relax and take it easy. Olivia was out the entire time and Luke was dead tired but refused to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house! (could you blame him though, too much going on) He rang in the new year by playing with his toys and getting hyper with daddy. Thanks Mom and Dad for having us over! We had fun and enjoyed the family time!





2 comments:

Devin said...

Cute pics, Aim! How are you feeling? I've been thinking about you today, wondering how you are doing all by yourself with both the kids!

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

hey dev! everything is great so far! Olivia is such a great baby right now. she barely cries and doesn't really make a peep at night so far. Rog just went back to work today and my mom is off work til march 3rd so I will be getting help for a bit longer. Things aren't bad though.