Monday, October 29, 2007

The Joy of being sick.

It has been a full week since the Merritt family got our beloved colds! I must say at first I wasn't looking forward to this sore throat, head/neck ache, cough and sinus thing but it has really allowed me to stop and slow down a bit. The Lord works in many ways. I wasn't so fond of missing out on some things this week that we had planned such as our Pursuit of God conference, my uppercase living party and Luke's first harvest/ costume party, but I later realized that maybe God is allowing me to stop for a while and rest before we have this second child. (I really hope though that God isn't letting me in on a secret that I am not going to get sleep with this next one???)
These last few weeks all I have been wanting to do is clean and organize EVERYTHING so that I am "ready" for the baby's arrival. I really think that deep down I want to be prepared because Luke came 3 weeks early and I had nothing set up or washed and I almost broke down because of it! "oh that's no big deal" you say? I already layed out diapers for the new baby and all of the clothes are washed and hung and all of the things a new baby lays in are all washed and ready to go as well! I didn't just do this last week!!! These things have been done for over a month or so now. I still have 7 weeks to go! RIDICULOUS! This set back with the cold has been a nice break and instead of grumbling about it I am finding joy in the fact that God is allowing me to rest and He is showing me that everything will be fine and stressing about it isn't going to make it any better. I truly think that all of the stress of making sure the house is clean and getting everything done around here was becoming an "idol" in my life. ( see what happens when you're not involved in your small groups and asked accountability questions for a week or so!) I thank the Lord that he is showing me this now and I am sure I will need a reminder or two down the road a bit. (Doesn't every child forget after he's been warned to stop something?)

Well, that is my update for now. I am done babbling! Can you blame me though? I have been in my house for a week and Luke has pretty much been my talking partner. How much can you say to a 12 month old or better yet how much can you understand from a 12 month old before realizing jibberish isn't a known language?
Hope everyone has a wonderful week and clean out your "Idols" before they overtake you!

No comments: