Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our church picnic

OK so Sunday our church had our annual picnic after the morning service. After we were finished eating two ladies from our church were in charge of games so of course they thought that this year it would be fun to do a game with the pastors and deacons and then their wives. The ladies had an ok game and it would have been way better if we had played the game before we stuffed ourselves with lunch. The object of the game was that when they said "go" we had to roll a dice and if it landed on 6 we had to throw on the hat, gloves, and scarf as fast as we could and then open up a candy bar with a fork or a knife. The first one to do all of that then eats the candy bar and wins the game. However, as all of this goes on though others keep rolling away and if they land on a 6 you had to stop putting everything on and hand it all over to the person who was next. This would have been a great game to play but the funny thing was we were all stuffed and didn't want to put another sweet in our mouth because we probably would have gotten sick! I for example was not too thrilled because I of course had to try this two or three times and got as far as getting the kit kat out of the wrapper while I was threatening anyone else to hurry up and land on a 6 so I didn't have to eat the candy bar! Trust me. Chocolate is usually one of the things I don't mind eating but I had just eaten like 3 desserts and didn't want anything else the rest of the day. Thankfully the lady (patti) next to Heather finished the game.

The guys game was pretty hilarious! As you can see Jason and Rog have an egg on their head wrapped in nylons. All of the deacons, except for one(my father), had to wear one of these while my dad was blind folded with a water noodle in his hand. When the ladies said "go" the guys had to start moving around while clucking like a chicken! Ok so if this wasn't funny enough, my dad started swinging this thing every which way hitting everything but the egg on the guys heads. I didn't know whether to laugh like crazy or scream trying to dodge from the swings my father was throwing out! He actually hit us thinking we were one of the guys. It was so funny! He never ended up hitting the egg so he finally gave up cause he was exhausted from all of the swinging! He was whaling on the guys and they were ducking and hiding behind one another cause he was hitting them so hard. It was so funny I still crack up just thinking about it all!

It is so nice to be able to get together as a church family and have fun the way we do! I truly consider our church as a "home away from home" and am so blessed to have these people a part of my life. I don't know what my life would be like if I didn't have them to count on. Our pastor always talks about how important your local church is and should be. I have always understood that but Sunday was another great example! (Even if the leaders of our church are clucking around with eggs on their heads) :)


3 comments:

Devin said...

Aim,

Glad you all had fun, sounds like it was a really great time! I know what you mean about the importance of a church family, we feel the same about ours--and that is how it should be!

BTW, Missouri is great but would be better if you and Karie (and the fams) were here too!

Love ya!

Karie said...

That does look like you guys had fun. You guys are so involved in your church. I'm sure it helps that you guys are so close to Ryan and Tricia. I'm sure for them it's nice to have the support too. Aren't you so jealous of Shane and Dev? Jay and I were just talking about a trip to Missouri and how it would be so much fun. Especially with everyone and going to Silver Dollar City. We were suppose to go to the fair today, but it rained us out. So I am having one of those downer days where I wish we were on vacation.

Anonymous said...

Hey ker, actually I am pretty content lately just staying at home and doing nothing. I think I am getting ready for what my life is going to be like starting this winter. anyways. I wouldn't mind a vacation but right now I am just getting ready for Rog to go back to work and routines starting. anyways. hope to see you guys soon but a part of me feels like we will see you next at Thanksgiving time??? we will see?