Friday, August 3, 2007

Luke's First experiences at 8 months old!

Well, I must say that I have been trying to post this for about a month now. Every time I would go to do it I would either get distracted or lazy because this was supposed to be pretty lengthy. Anyways... While we were on Vacation in June, Luke turned 8 months old. As soon as we got home it seemed like he started doing and experiencing some things for the first time! He didn't want to spread it out, He thought it would be a great idea to do all these things now.
So. About the day after we got home from Wisconsin, Luke took off with the crawling. I thought to myself, "well, this isn't so bad. He can do this for a while and I will be able to handle it." About the next night he started pulling himself up on the furniture and if that wasn't enough he discovered the stairs! He made it up about 4 stairs before he realized just how cool of a baby he was. (by now he is able to go up all 7 but of course mom has to be right behind him so he doesn't get too excited and fall back) I tell you what. I thought for sure with him crawling and standing I was going to be in the emergency room soon enough! Do you know how many times babies fall and hit their heads when they learn to do this!!!
Luke also thought it would be neat to learn how to wave by-by. He has it down with mom and dad but with others it takes a bit of prompting. He gets so focused on the persons face you have to hold his arm up so he waves. He is getting better.(I do have video of some of these things but they aren't working out all that great. If I can get another good video I will post it later.)

If all that wasn't enough Rog and I thought it would be fun to try the swing and the pool out for the first time. Luke loved both right away. He was nothing but laughs and smiles at the park! I wasn't too sure how he would do with the pool cause so far he hates kiddie pools. They must be too cold? At my parents he didn't fuss at all. I am sure it does help that Grandma and Grandpa have a pool that is pretty warm so Luke probably thinks it is one big bath tubIt is so much fun watching him do all of these things for the first time! It is so neat to see his face after he realizes what he is doing.!


5 comments:

Devin said...

Oh, Aim I LOVE these pictures! I just took pics of Ethan on his first big swing and these remind me so much of that. I also have the same sort of shots with Col and Cameron...soooo cute! I love the ones in the pool too--we have that same boat and Col loved it, but Cameron's little belly doesn't make it thru the little tube, so Ethan will have to be the next one to give it a try :-). Cute post....have fun chasing Luke around now that he is on the move (like you need just one more thing to do, right?) :-)

Anonymous said...

no big deal about chasing luke around. it keeps me going during the day and I am sure it keeps me fit enough. helps keep the unnecessary weight off right!!!

The Boe's ~ said...

He seriously IS getting so big and right in front of our eyes. One week he is crawling the next week he'll be pulling himself up or standing it seems to go that fast! (esp. when we are gone one week, how babies change each month its just awesome to watch)

Great pool pictures, love the bright colors they bring! You're looking awesome Aimee..can't believe you are more than halfway there already with #2 :) Can't wait!

The Boe's ~ said...

Are you wearing a tanktop and shorts in the pool? So unlike you :) -----show that cute, little belly, why not?!!!!

Anonymous said...

yes heather, the swimsuit I had on is from a few years ago and barely fits. Trust me. the top and shorts were needed!!! I am always too cheap to go out and by a maternity one cause I figure I will get one next time I go out and when I look at the price I pass them up til next time.