Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!!

We had such a wonderful 4th this year! It was Luke's first one and did he make a day of it! We spent the morning and most of the day relaxing and taking it easy. For dinner we had Roger's parents over and then it was off to see the fireworks with my parents, the Boe's and the Lehmann's. Luke was a bit sleep deprived today but when it came time for the fireworks he didn't budge! He never jumped once and watched most of them until the end when a pop bottle was more interesting than bright lights in the sky! We went over to the Inwood stadium and sat out in the soccer fields.We were able to sit so close it felt like some of the fireworks were going to fall on us! They were so good! We had such a nice time. I think my favorite part was watching to see how Luke would react to his first firework show! I was pretty amazed! He was so tired I thought for sure we were going to have a crying baby on our hands but he proved us wrong!
It is so nice to be able to spend time with friends and family on days like this! We are so blessed!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey, looks like fun. Matter of fact, we were there too! We went with Ryan's family and my dad and we sat in the golf course. They had quite the display, didn't you think? It kept the boys attention for most of it, but since we went down to Bicentennial Park fireworks on Tuesday, it wasn't as thrilling for them. =) Sydney slept through it all. Looking forward to seeing you guys Sunday!

The Boe's ~ said...

Wow, you beat me to it! You know I was just kidding when I said I expected a blog from you first thing this morning :) haha...
Anyways, we had a great time and they were beautiful fireworks! You are right, they felt like they were falling on top of us--so cool. Neat how Jaden slept thru them all too esp. through those loud booms--okay my turn to blog, Jason took the boys for a wagon ride and Jaden is sleeping..have a good day and see you Sunday :) !!

Anonymous said...

Hey! My brother and I think shanna were over at the golf course too! we were going to go the night before but Luke and I were exhausted! We should have called you but didn't know what you were doing with family. Talk to you later

Devin said...

Aim,
These pics are so cute--I love the one of Rog and Luke looking up at the fireworks. We obviously were on the same train of thought--I have one similar of Shane and Cameron on our blog!
Just wanted to say thank you again for convincing me to do our blog--I absolutely LOVE doing it now, and it is a great way for me to keep up on everyone else!
Talk to you soon!
Dev
p.s. I see a small belly starting! :-) hee hee

Devin said...

By the way, did you see the video of Ethan?
Isn't that so cute?
Dev