I can't believe it, but the time has finally arrived for our first born to start school. I remember the last 4 years counting down and saying we have 4,3,2 more years to go and need to figure out where to send him. This last year was a real struggle for us cause up until March, we still had no idea what the plan was. Well, that was until we found out that another child was attending our family. That pretty much sealed the deal as to what we were going to do.
Sometimes God makes things very clear and after a year of praying, I am glad it was a clear picture on what we were to do.
Luke is attending Troy Shorewood this year and he is THRILLED!
The school is right across the street from our subdivision and so easy to get to.
Last Monday, Luke had to take his supplies to his class so everything was ready for his first day.
I was glad for this so I could see his room, seat and layout of the school and room.
He was so excited and was taking it all in.
Today was finally here and Luke was thrilled.
I was going to get ready and then wake him up but he was up and ready about a half hour before I had planned.
He seemed so chill about it the whole week so I wasn't sure if he was nervous about starting school or not but after this morning, I saw I had nothing to worry about.
He was even ready in time before Rog had to leave for work.
His sisters even got in a picture with him to make this day special.
Well, Annelyse wasn't all that thrilled to take a picture with him so this is the best I could do.
She actually woke up about ten minutes before this picture was taken so I am sure she wasn't thrilled with a change in her routine. (not to mention about 1 1/2 hours earlier than normal)
I can NOT believe my baby is old enough for school. I was thrilled for him though cause it was really hard last year to explain to him why all the other kids his age were leaving on the bus but he had to stay home with me. He just couldn't figure it out. It was hard to let him go but I love watching him so thrilled.
We were even ready and early enough today to run down the street to snap some pictures with Tobin and Jonah Gonda who also started K5 today. They were born one week after Luke and now they are all in Kindergarten.
REALLY?
Another buddy of his that was born about 2 weeks or so apart from Luke.
Then we were off.
Dropping Luke off today was an odd experience. I was not completely prepared with the emotions of getting him out of the car and driving off. Not prepared to the extent that I drove off, left the school and instead of going home, I acted like I was back in line for drop off so I could see where he was before he went in to his class.
Yep, I was THAT mom but I didn't care.
I took the girls back home and we enjoyed our day.
Of course we went about our day talking about the time and what Luke was probably doing all day.
We decided it might be a good idea to make Luke a card, letting him know we missed him.
FINALLY it turned to 3PM and I put the girls back in the car and headed back to school.
I was so glad to drive up and see him standing in line waiting to jump back in the car with us.
And, after telling us all about his day, showing me what he made, the books he got to check out, how lunch went, who he talked to... he asked to go out and play.
As if nothing changed today.
I would say today was a pretty great first day of Kindergarten!
Praying the second day goes just as well as the first!
















No comments:
Post a Comment