Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A patient little girl and one happy and thankful momma!


While on Christmas break, we spent a few days at Shane and Devin's.
About the entire time we were there, the boys played while Liv sat on a stool and watched her Auntie Dev in the kitchen, cooking and baking.


She waited and watched and watched and kept silent the ENTIRE time, soaking in all that her Auntie had to show her.
Now, my daughter is usually a quiet one when it comes to people she's getting used to but Liv went SILENT for 3 days but still never went too far away from her Auntie and her kitchen.


 I'm sure she knew what she was doing. Waiting to be able to taste her Auntie's creations. *wink*


YEP! I'm pretty sure it won all sorts of awards on Liv's scale!


After two days in the kitchen, it was time for me to take a turn and make my daughters princess cake that she had been asking for.
There was just one problem.
I.
WAS.
SICK!
I had strep BAD and the thought of being in charge of a cake made me nautious.

I could barely talk, swallow or think let alone create this cake.

Thankfully, after baking dozens of cookies and cooking meals for us,  Devin was up for the challenge to make this princess cake for me!

THANK YOU!!!!!!
You have NO IDEA!



 I pretty much supervised from the corner even though it was killing me to not be able to do this myself for my daughter.
It was ok though cause I had a pretty great sis in law taking over for me.


 The kids came in for an inspection and to see what all the fuss was about.
At one point there were 4 adults trying to figure out how this princess should look.
It was pretty humorous. *smirk*

Well, after all the decisions about how this little princess should look, we called Liv in to check it out and we are pretty sure she gave awards out for this creation as well.


All I know is that THIS MOMMA was EXTREMELY thrilled and grateful!

Thanks Dev!



4 comments:

Devin said...

Great. Now I am totally crying. :)

Aim, this was so sweet! I didn't realize you had taken these, but I cherish seeing Miss Liv with me in the kitchen! That bottom picture of her is SO good, too. I am just happy I was able to help in a way I actually know HOW to!

Also? I wish I was as skinny IRL as I look in these pics. What in the world?

Also? It looks like you and I totally just switched shirts on the second day. ROFL

Thanks for doing this post...my FAVE of all the 'catch-up' posts, so far!

Devin said...

Yep. Back to look this morning. I realize it may be pathetic, but I don't care.

I LOVE THIS POST.

Jason said...

way to go Aunt Devin :-)

Jason said...

~that was me again! LOL :-)

~Heather