Tonight at dinner, Roger prayed. When he finished, Luke wanted his turn.
Thinking then it would be safe to eat, Liv speaks up and wants her turn as well.
We should just know by now that we may not eat until there are at least 2 to 3 prayers that thank God for our food and for Mommy, Daddy, Luke, Liv, Luke, Mommy, Daddy, Livy and now the 'new baby'.
Tonight however, Liv changed up her routine a bit and said,
"Thank you for our food and for Annelyse ok with her shots and that we can touch her now and we're not sick......... Amen."
(The kids were told for quite a few days that they were not allowed to get close or touch Annelyse due to them being sick so apparantly she was glad that we have let up on that a bit)
A bit shocked by the words of her prayer and knowing what she was meaning by it, Rog and I were struck.
By just reading it, you might not think it was anything that spectacular but the way she said it really surprised us.
Our little 3 year old is getting it even if she doesn't always show it.
It brought tears.
With that, we were now able to eat
Such a great way to enjoy our first day of a new year!
Stay Cool This Summer In Chambray
8 years ago
2 comments:
I love your Reflections post. I had gone through many of the same things last year too...and I think that's when I found your blog, through Devin's!
What a sweet prayer! I think a child's heart "gets it" faster and better than our jaded, adult hearts. I'm glad you posted that little tidbit on Liv's prayer so that you will always remember it.
Aww I love her! Reminds me of Selene's first "real" prayer that was so sweet and then she finished it by quickly saying, 'and I want a birthday party and Chuck E Cheese Amen!'
Post a Comment