Monday, October 18, 2010

Luke turns 4!



Really?

When did my firstborn get to be such a big boy?


4 years old already!
We have been talking about Luke's birthday probably since March.
This whole time, I have been telling Luke that when he turns 4, we will have a new little baby around the house.
Since then, that is all Luke has been obsessed with!
The number 4!


When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he first said a dinosaur cake followed by a trampoline.

Well, I allowed one out of those two things.
The cheaper, safer one of the two that is. *smirk*

Good thing dinosaurs have been extinct for quite some time or the trampoline might have won!


The last few months I was determined that I was going to make my son a dinosaur cake!
How hard could it be right? I mean, I am his mother and I can make him a cake.
I went out to buy a dinosaur pan and after seeing the price and realizing that I am no where near being artistic in ANY way, I quickly resorted to the real artists at WALMART!
Just PERFECT!
Not to mention, less stressful, time cosuming and many attempts to having the perfect display of a dinosaur cake.


It was so great watching Luke open his gifts this year!
He was so proud of every single thing he got and just had to show everything to everyone as soon as he opened them.
I found myself being that 'kid' that opens a gift and barely looks at it before opening the next one.
He took so long opening his gifts that after a few I realized I might as well let him enjoy the process and be thankful for what he was given.




After opening Liv's gift, he walked right over to her and gave her a hug.
It was such a special moment to watch!





It was so great being able to spend the evening with family!
I have said this before but we are so blessed to be so close to both sets of grandparents!
When the days come where Rog and I think of packing up and moving away, the one reason that makes us stay is our children's grandparents!
Both sets have such a special bond with our kids that it would be really hard to take that from them.
Not sure why I felt the need to join that  into Luke's bday post but it just came to mind while going through his pictures.

Luke has truly been such a blessing and such a great gift to our family!
He is so tender hearted, sweet and loving that it is so hard not to just squeeze him to get him to rub off on you a bit!


See what I mean?



Luke, you are such a joy and Mommy and Daddy love you so very, very much!
We were so blessed to have you 4 years ago today and are still counting our blessings with you every day!

We really enjoyed watching you turn 4 this year and are excited to see how you will grow during your 4th year of life!
Praying that God will grow you into a little boy that wants to serve, obey and bring glory to his maker!






No comments: