Luke was sitting on the stairs, attempting to put on his shoes when Rog came down and noticed they were on the wrong feet.
Luke usually does this process without a problem, but lately he has been a bit confused.
Rog, being the good dad that he is, was trying to give him a few tips on how to remember which foot goes with what shoe.
I walked by and heard this process going on so, of course, I try to help as well.
We tried explaining that the points of the shoes go in together.
The toy story characters are on the outside, but then does he understand what in and out really mean?
The velcrow straps go out, but again, in/out.
After four attempts of Rog and I trying to figure out a GREAT tip for our 4 year old and realizing that we were failing miserably, Luke takes a look, and says, "OHHHHHH, so the two slinky's have to touch each other to be right?"
OF COURSE OUR SON!!!!
BRILLIANT!
I AM SURE WE WOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT ONE OUT ON OUR FIFTH ATTEMPT AT TEACHING YOU CORRECTLY!
It seriously was a priceless moment because the look of amazement on Rog's face along with Luke's certainty made me laugh so hard I thought I would need to take a trip back to the doctor to put my stomach back together.
Really, the moment we think we will never be able to get him to understand, he goes ahead, leaves us stumped and figures out something on his own.
Great job Luke!
Good thing he helped us so when it comes time for Annelyse's turn, we will have an answer! *smirk*
Stay Cool This Summer In Chambray
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment