Saturday, May 15, 2010

Little Things that turn Little Girls into Big Girls! Part 2

So the other morning, a couple weeks ago now, Liv caught me in the bathroom painting my nails.
I knew it! I couldn't keep this from her any longer and boy was I right!
Liv: Wha- what are you doing Mommy?
Me: Painting my nails Livy.
Liv: Oh! Like ANG!!!
Me: Um, yeah, Ok. Sure. Just like Miss Ang.
Now for those of you who don't know, Miss Ang is a very close friend who has just about crossed over as family. My kids talk about her and Mr. Greg whenever they get the chance.

Why would I think that this case would be any different. Ang, is an esthetician and apparantly Liv has noticed!
I just thought this was too cute so I asked her if she would like her nails done.
This, of course, is Liv's first nail treatment so I am glad it was so special to her!
I have waited 2 years to do this because, like getting her ears pierced, I want it to be special so that she might remember it and think it's a special thing to do with her Mommy.
Little did I know that after the nail polishing was complete that it would forever turn my little girl into a very cautious child who wouldn't do A THING if it meant getting her toes or fingers involved!

I am certain, this stance is ingrained in all little girls and once polish goes on, the stance is immediately learned!
This is no joke! She walked around like this for about the entire day and a few days after that when she would remember what she had on her fingers.
She didn't want shoes on, she didn't want to hold a fork or a spoon. If she did eat, she would try to use her hands and not her fingers.
We headed out to the store after this and she layed down in the kart with her feet propped up on cereal boxes to show off her toes!
I couldn't believe it! I had a hard time not cracking up at this little Miss Priss!
A few things she would say to me:
"Mommy! Awww! You touched my nails! Be careful!"
"Uh oh Mommy, my toes!"
And probably my absolute favorite was when Rog was getting them in the shower. Liv starts down the stairs, stops, looks at me and gets really upset.
"But Mommy! I can't! My nails will get all wet!"

WHAT!!!? REALLY???
C'mon people! SHE IS 2!!!
But it was all oh so cute and I can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

hahaha absolutely adorable.

Devin said...

Ha! The 'stance'....absolutely true! So adorable--I could eat that girl up! Tell her Auntie Dev says she looks beautiful!