Saturday, April 10, 2010

Overwhelming Grace

I feel as if my eyes have been opened.

Most of you should know by now that when I put a post on my blog, I am usually showing my heart and emotions on my sleeve. You get my true thoughts.




Brace yourselves...




Lately, I look at my children and want to cry. I feel I am just so blessed.

For about two weeks now, I watch my children and have a wave of contentment stream over me.


About 5 years ago, all I said, wanted, longed for, was a baby, another and another, another and possibly yet another. I didn't care how many I had as long as it was MANY.


 Ok.so, I did care.


I knew, from an early age, that all I felt called to do was to be a wife and a mother. NOTHING ELSE!


Up until just a few short weeks ago, I felt as though I would never be content until my 'number' of children was accomplished. I struggled with the thought of how I would 'make up' for Lilliana and how my number of children was cut short due to my now, high risk state.


I am not sure when it hit me exactly, but it was as if God opened my eyes to show me that He is in control of how many children I have and it makes no difference if I have 2, 3, 7 or 12. He will give me just what I need and allow me to treasure just what I have.


Luke and Olivia are such a blessing to me and I don't think I would ever have seen it this clear if he didn't take Lilliana from us. He did that at just the right moment and even though I have many moments and days of dreaming of our family of 3 children,I love that He is giving me the grace to be content with what I have.
Anything more than the children I have would be just an added blessing and joy.

I am so thankful to all of you who have been praying for me and my family these last 10 months. I feel as though God allowed all of you on this journey with us for added comfort.
God is so gracious, kind, overwhelmingly good and faithful! His plan is constantly unfolding and through the pain, He holds out his healing hand.


I am just overjoyed with the blessings God has given to Roger and I.


Luke-very sweet, gentle and kind hearted.


Olivia - cute, loving, sneaky and a fire cracker.  I wouldn't have it any other way.(some days)


Lilliana - From what I knew- mild, precious and here to show me God's Grace.










And our precious gift due this fall:







That's right! An added blessing and joy that has just overwhelmed me!


Please don't stop praying for me, this child and my family. I am fearful, excited and thankful that God has given us this time to trust in Him. A thousand times more than I feel I have ever done with a pregnancy before. Or, with anything in my life for that matter.
I am His, this child is His and He will do what he pleases.
All for His Glory.
 I don't want to forget that.

Seriously! Thanks to ALL who have kept me and my family in their prayers this last year! I still need them so please don't stop.

9 comments:

Shanna said...

I love you Merritts and I will definitely continue to pray for you! I can't begin to express my excitement for you at this awesome time. Congratulations again :)

Kristina said...

Congrats!!!!! Will continue to pray for you guys, but boy am I excited for you!

Amy said...

So, so happy for you! I am always praying for you.

Tricia said...

So the first thing I said was "You dork!" This is the first time I've found out you are pregnant from a blog. That being said, I am overwhelmingly happy for you all. Praise God!

Devin said...

I am so happy I just can't stand it......and of course we won't stop praying! We love all of you so very much, and I already love this new baby loads and loads!! Yay!! God is sooooo good.

Jessica said...

I mean seriously..... I am so excited!!!

Jessica said...

my last post got lost but anyways.....sooooo excited and prayer are overflowing for yall!!!! How fabulous is our Lord!!!

Amanda Hoyt said...

God IS SO GOOD! Praying for y'all!
Congratulations on your newest Blessing!
Hugs,
Amanda

Kara said...

Congrats! I will be praying for you all and your new little blessing!~