Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A day at the beach. YES, IN SEPTEMBER!


Well, Labor Day came and Rog had the best idea!

THE BEACH!!!!

Now, all summer, even since last summer, I said that all I wanted to do was go to the beach. I said I wanted to go to the beach IN FLORIDA but you get what you get and be happy right? *wink*(mom, that was for you)

Anyways. I was so thrilled to be going. After we were on our way, I thought maybe it was a bit crazy to go in September. After a bit, I figured it was a nice day out so what little child wouldn't want to play in sand and freezing water right?

Well, apparantly Luke didn't want to because when we arrived he thought it was the neatest thing until he stepped in the sand. He thought it was the wierdest thing. Didn't like it much at first. Can you tell?




Rog quickly took him to the water so his mind wouldn't be on the sand as much.
And it worked!


Olivia was about the same at first but quickly realized that the sand was her friend and she would have a great time as long as she didn't have to go into the freezing water! She stayed right on that sand, with only dipping her feet in here and there, for most of the time.

Let's just say she was COVERED in sand by the time we were done! Does anyone realize just how hard it is to get sand off of a little girl?



YIKES!

Anyways. We had fun with just our family that day! Something I longed for all summer long and finally, September gave us that day!

3 comments:

Devin said...

I wanted to go to the beach so badly this summer too...we never made it. I'm glad you all did, even if it was just for a day! The pictures are so cute.

Leanne said...

A day at the beach is sometimes just what the Dr ordered!!

And being with the family, nothing compares to that, no matter where you go!

Your babies are so cute and you all look great!

Karie said...

YES, I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET SAND OFF OF A GIRL! Not fun.

You guys look so cute. We hit the beach a few times this summer. After I got there I kept thinking, what are you doing here by yourself with 2 little ones, but it was worth it, they have so much fun.