Monday, February 9, 2009

Luke makes me laugh

I was finishing up breakfast this morning when Luke spotted some of his daddy's yummy twizzlers on the counter.
I didn't really think that would be a good way to end his breakfast so I put them up and had to think of a quick diversion.

"Luke would you like a drink?"

"Yeah Mommy"

"OK, what would you like?"

As he was trying to decide, I tried to think of something that would make him want a drink instead of candy.
What did I go with? um... Chocolate Milk. I know. Not that great for the morning either but what can I say???
"Luke, would you like some chocolate milk?"

"OH YEAH, YEAH, Mommy! Chocolate Milk"

"OK then, go get it please"

Then, while he was watching me open the lid, he looks up and says with a laugh,
"ha ha ha, chocolate milk, I'm so excited"

I of course laughed at him because those were not the words I was expecting out of his mouth at his age. I don't know why but I have been shocked at the things he says lately. They have just been appropriate for those certain times and I guess I just don't think he should be at that stage yet? I tell ya, a boy turns 2 and out of no where they seem to just take off in so many areas. (makes me sad)

After a minute of thinking of how he would think to say something like that I remembered a small phrase on Blues Clues when Steve would go and get the notebook out of the side table drawer. Of course, what would the table say when it saw Steve enter.
"oh, ha, ha, Blues clues, I'm so excited"

Ah yes. That has to be where he remembered it from. At least I think so.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I LOVE when he asks "what are you doing?"

Karie said...

That's so stinkin cute.

Devin said...

Ooh, ooh....I'm in the mood now for some chocolate milk.

Thanks Luke!

I'm so excited.