Oh boy.
Well, the story goes like this.
Rog and I were watching tv while the kids were playing and after our show was over, I decided to go play a few minutes with Luke before bed.
Of course it couldn't be reading him a book or playing blocks or puzzles with him. Oh no. I had to get him hyper so that he would run around and act crazy.
So.
He ran at me.
I moved out of the way, thinking that he would run into the wall. Of course that didn't happen.
He fell smack down, hit his mouth on his paci, hit the floor and pop went his tooth. Well, not the whole tooth but part of it anyways.
I thought when I picked him up that he would be bleeding or something. What I didn't expect was part of his front tooth missing.
Oh boy.
Rog and I tried to look for it but we think he swallowed it. Great. Now I have to start a list for luke on things he has swallowed.
Now, a few posts ago when I was talking about Luke being like his cousin Cameron, I didn't mean that he had to be like him in EVERY way but, the more days go by and more and more he seems to be imitating him.


Now, thankfully it wasn't his whole tooth and he didn't seem to mind other than crying about his fat lip for about a minute and then rubbing his tongue along his tooth the rest of the night so we will see how everything goes in the days to come.

Goodness. If I had only let him run into me, I would still have a child with two full teeth in his mouth. You just don't realize how precious their teeth are until they go missing.
Sorry Luke.
4 comments:
awe....so sorry Luke, we felt so bad reading this and I read it out loud so the boys could hear what happened to you (so surprised my rambunctious boys haven't gone through this yet.) Am glad it was your baby tooth and it wasn't the whole tooth! Can't wait to see you tomorrow =)
aww sweet boy!! At least its not a cast. The innocence of play huh!! haha
"You never realize how precious a tooth is until it goes missing."
Amen to that!
I almost died when I read this. Poor baby (and poor you!). I think, though, that his *broken* little smile is even just a smidge cuter than it was before. :-)
I'm sorry you also had to endure this trauma, but I'm glad Luke at least got to keep some of his tooth! I'm thankful he wasn't hurt worse than he was.
Poor baby!
Post a Comment