Top on our list:
We went to a pumpkin farm on Saturday and Grandma Nette came along too! We started out late afternoon which turned out to be a blessing because Saturday was a rather warm day! There is just something about going to a pumpkin farm in cool weather without worrying about heat stroke or mosquito's! (What is with that?) OK so maybe it wasn't that hot but it was warmer than what we planned. I am not exaggerating about the mosquito's though. Wow! I sure can't wait for the first frost to say "bye bye little pests that only came after the fall of man!"
As soon as we arrived, we went to the petting zoo area! It was neat to see animals that were about the height of my children. I don't know what they thought of them but I do think they were glad there was a fence between them.

Next up was the corn maze! Boy was I glad it was only 2 acres! We went to one before that and the lady looked at us like we were crazy to go in with little ones. I realized why after she said it was a 20 acre maze. NO ThANK YOU!!! Luke was quite the trooper! I think he was pre occupied talking with Grandma Nette about his birthday and who his Sunday School teachers are going to be come next week!
As soon as we found our way out Luke found the Train! He heard its whistle while we were walking through the maze and I think they went straight for it when we finished.
Daddy and Luke riding the Choo Choo!
Poor Liv! I guess she could have gone on with Daddy too but we sort of didn't think about it until they were ready to go. whoops. Instead, we thought we would just take pictures with her. Don't worry. She didn't even know what was going on.

Now for our hay ride! I haven't done that in about ten years I think? The kids thought it was pretty neat! It was very bumpy and that kept Olivia entertained just about the whole way.

Our last stop before leaving was checking out the pumpkins! Liv was just about as tall as some of them. Oh and lets not forget that thanks to me thinking it would be neat to put her by them, this is where she got her first mouth full of dirt. Augh! When will it end! This list is getting way too long!

About 10 mosquito bites and 2 hours later, it was time to say good bye and go back home. Thanks Grandma Nette for going with us and making our trip that much better!
2 comments:
You did ALL THAT in only 2 hours?!
I'm impressed!
Looks like you all had fun, I love doing things like that with our clan too.
And, I know what you mean aout the mosquitos--we are infested down here too! You know how I panic with those things....YUCK.
Yay, for the post WITH PICTURES. I've been dying to see pictures of our sweet Luke and baby Liv (as Reese calls her). Hey, did you get my text about that little cream hoodie from Old Navy? If not, we are wondering if I put a 6-12 month cream hoodie with brown fleece lining in the bin, if I did do you think you could send it if you are not using it. If you are that is cool. If you aren't let me know and I will reimburse you for shipping.
Post a Comment