Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What has she eaten now?

Update: oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something.
Thanks Dev for reminding me of yet another thing my daughter has chewed and eaten pieces of.

Part of the tubing from the paper towel roll
(yep, more cardboard)


Ok so I know a few months ago I about died at the fact my baby girl swallowed part of a coaster but that was before I realized it was just the start of many interesting things she has also done.
Also since then I have realized that I have to be right on her if there is anything at all edible close by or at a "stand and reach" length.

Goodness!
Do you realize that is alot of ground that I have to cover and let me just confess that I am not doing a very good job of it.
Ok so since her first incident she has eaten:

Grass

A Menu
(ok this one was definitely my fault because that was the same day as our bouncy extravaganza. We were heading out the door to eat outside and I had two drinks in my hand along with a paper menu and before I knew it there was about the whole bottom half just gone.)(I am ashamed)

Part of a book

a String from the floor
(oh and for this one I thought I was a good mom and caught it. Yeah, I found it a day or so later in her diaper. Guess she is pretty aware of where I put things that she wants to eat)

A Magazine

More Paper

A corner of a baby wipe
(Yeah um for this one I also spotted her doing it but the little stinker clamped down her teeth and screamed so that I couldn't get my finger in her mouth to swipe it out. She shoved it all the way in the back of her mouth until it was behind her tongue and gladly swallowed it. After she did that she gave me a look of, "ha! I got it and you can't do anything about it now" )

Part of a Price tag
(have no idea where that came from but I found it in her diaper so I am just assuming that it went in her mouth first)
A plastic acorn
(No she did not eat it but I am sure she wanted to.
I am well aware of how many times she could have choked and died. The Lord is very merciful!)

And last but probably not the final.
Today I found her chomping on cat food.
I retrieved one piece but am pretty sure I saw two in her mouth.
At first I just thought she found a cheerio but oh no. It couldn't possibly be something as easy as that.

Oh and nobody worry. I have told my father about all of these things she has done just so he knows that I am well capable of allowing my daughter to swallow more than just a piece of a coaster.

4 comments:

Devin said...

Don't forget the tubing of my old paper towel roll.

Cat food? Gro-ho-ho-hoss.

Don't worry....the extra fiber is good for her. HA!

Karie said...

That's funny. That's crazy that she is sticking all of that in her mouth. Callen is starting to do it, so I'm sure I will soon start to see things in his diaper too, yuck!

The Boe's ~ said...

I am just so shocked you find all of this in her diaper...oh my goodness. That would probably freak me out, but you have to be used to it by now. haha!! Wow. she must have a very tough esophagus where it all goes down, hee hee. What a little stinker--I can so see her giving you that look of accomplishment of eating it before you catch her....so funny!!!

Shanna said...

CAT FOOD?!!??!? PPLLLLBBBBB!!!