Friday, February 1, 2008

Full of smiles!

This last Tuesday, my mom and I went to visit my Grandma in Indiana. I haven't seen her for a while now so I thought it would be a nice visit and a great time to show her the little ones. She has never seen Luke and I think she was really glad to see a new little baby girl. My grandma loves PINK so I thought it would be good to only put liv in pink while we were there! I guess my grandma had the same idea because both days that is all she wore too! My grandma thought it was the greatest thing to see Olivia smile! She was able to get her to smile a few times while we were there! Don't know if you will see this grandma but hopefully you will hear that I put you up on our blog!(ok mom and/or Aunt Char, if you tell grandma about this just say I put up pics of her and wrote about our visit on the computer. I am sure that will be hard enough to describe. don't want to stress you out over telling her about this! I am laughing just thinking about the conversation that could possibly go on over this) too funny!We love you Grandma! Hope to see you again soon!!!

Olivia has been full of smiles lately! I can't remember when Luke did this but I feel like she is SO alert and smiles and coo's when she is talked to. They both are so much fun to have around! They are such a blessing to my day! The Lord is so GRACIOUS and GOOD! It seems that I don't get much sleep these days but who needs that when you have two precious babies (oh and a wonderful husband) to keep you going?

Luke is 15 months old now and is such a JOY! He responds to so much and tries to repeat words you say to him. Rog and I have obviously never gone through this stage before and we are just amazed at everything he does. I seriously don't need any other form of entertainment when Luke is around.
He can be such a clown and is super loving! I can be holding him and out of nowhere he swings his arms around me and gives me the biggest hug and then gives me a few kisses on the cheek with a (oh) after each. Don't get me wrong- this child still has a strong sin nature inside of him but we are praying that the Lord is gracious and saves him (and Olivia) soon :) It has been hard (for me at least) to discipline Luke when he disobeys and knows it because right before I do he looks at me, points to himself and says NO-NO! He does it before I even do. I try to hold in the chuckles as much as possible but it is hard to at times. It is almost like he is letting me think that he is taking care of the problem! Oh boy!
Like I said, Rog and I are just so blessed to have these children and I try to keep in mind that even though I had these two, they are given to me by God and I am to train them and take care of them for Christ. They are His and He placed them in our care for a reason! What a big responsibility!

4 comments:

Karie said...

Aim,
Those pic's are so cute. I love when they are at Liv's stage where they just start smiling and cooing, it's enough to melt your heart, and I love Luke's stage too, where they just start talking up a storm. I hope we can see Liv before too long

Devin said...

Hey Aim,

Just checking in on Luke--how is his eye and the infection?

Praying for you all,
Dev and the boys

Anonymous said...

he is doing so much better. they gave him a shot of antibiotics at the office before his prescription came in and it took it down big time. hopefully he is in the clear

Karie said...

Just testing to see if I can have the pic next to our name like Dev does.