Monday, January 21, 2008

Brotherly LoVe

Luke has really warmed up to his little sister! I wasn't sure how he would do but he has really taken a liking and concern for her. He has stopped petting her head and now just kisses her any chance he gets. When we brought Olivia home, I was teaching luke to sshhh her when she would cry. He would always look at me as if I were crazy but just the other day he did it without my prompting! I had to laugh but it was so cute that he understood. Last night I was putting him to bed and she started to fuss. I thought that her crying would keep him up and get him hyper but he popped his head up, took out his paci, put his finger to his mouth and went sshh, ssshhhh. I love it.

I do have to watch him closely though. I have found that when Luke sees his sister in this little chair he thinks that she is ready to play. Maybe because she is at his level? He plays with her feet and walks around by her head and gives her very wet kisses which then makes her cry but then all he does is look at me as if I am supposed to do something about it.
I found him the other morning either trying to kiss her head or lay with her in her little seat?
Not really sure but he means well. I don't think he realizes just how big he is compared to her. He is gentle though which is nice. Lately he has been coming up to me with both hands out wanting to hold her. I was a little leary but I let him and he does really well! He sits there, kisses her and watches her every move! It is really adorable if I do say so myself. I can't wait to see what the next months will be like! I am sure things will change once she starts moving around and playing with toys. We will see!


This one is for you Aunt Kar! She was so cute in that strawberry top and cute little pants! I think I had a pair like that for one of my baby dolls growing up!

3 comments:

Devin said...

Keep those pics coming! :-) I'm in heaven.

I especially like the first one...it made me laugh, cause I think it looks like Luke is trying to take a bite out of Olivia's head! Such a brother thing to do...

That was my giggle for the night. Hee Hee!!

Karie said...

Gosh, that outfit is so cute. I wish I could see you guys soon, who knows maybe. Luke looks like he does so well with her, that is good. It gives me a lot of hope seeing as though Reese is older so hopefully she will do well too. I love seeing new pic's too, so keep them coming.

The Colorado Carrs said...

ah she is so sweet! dont you love those big wet kisses!!!