Thursday, September 27, 2007

What a Day!

OK, well I had an exciting moment last night on my way to church. If I could just sit here and vent my day for a moment just so I can express my true feelings and emotions. Don't get me wrong, this is not a venting because of anger or bitterness but maybe a bit of overwhelming jitters.

Well, yesterday I was in my normal routine. I woke up, made Rog lunch and quickly went back to bed until Luke woke up. I took care of my child, feeding him, changing him and playing with him all while I cleaned the house in the areas that needed taking care of. No big deal right. Right. I knew that once 5 pm came around I was going to have to make dinner so it was ready for Rog when he came home(Don't worry, it wasn't a big spread. I browned some meat so he could have tacos after church) By the time I was ready for church and made the meat it was 10 til 6 and I still had to wake luke up from a nap, feed him again and eat something before I starved our unborn child. I figured I wouldn't have time to sit and eat tacos so I was going to run through somewhere and grab me a bite to eat before church. I was going to make it on time and everything was going as planned.................... UNTIL!!!!

I was driving down our subdivision and was stopped at our stop sign when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I thought that since I was such in a hurry with everything that I was probably imagining it and that my mind was playing tricks on me. As I was trying to convince myself of this I stared at the spot and sure enough the vision appeared again and a MOUSE dashed back under my passenger seat! A MOUSE! A DARK, NOT CUTE, RODENT WAS IN MY CAR AND I WAS DRIVING! I had no idea what to do so I waited a second to really see what was going on and he did it again only this time going up under the dash. I quickly pulled to the side, screamed a few times out of fear that this mouse was going to crawl all over me! I hopped out of my car and realized I couldn't leave Luke in there. I got him out, called my mommy for help and jumped around outside because I now was creaped out! It was so funny because after I called my mom, two guys in a truck pulled along side and asked if I was ok. I said yeah I just have a mouse in my car. The funny thing was I think they were willing to help with car trouble but you should have seen how they made their faces look brave when I said it was just a mouse. They kindly looked for the little rodent but had no luck. I think they were a little glad they didn't have to catch him. anyways. my parents both showed up and my mom was brave enough to drive my car back home for me. As of now, the mouse could be anywhere and I am not stepping foot in that car until I see a dead mouse that came from my car! I know I sound a bit whimpy but I am not a fan of tiny creatures that move fast when they are scared. I know I am bigger and that tiny things are more afraid of me blah blah blah. I am not budging on this one.

After all the excitement, my parents kindly drove luke and I to church but I had to skip out on dinner until I got home from church because we were now late! Maybe God put that mouse in my car because he knew I really didn't need to eat fast food for dinner and that I could just wait for tacos because my child was not going to starve. That is fine but I would really appreciate it if God found a new home for this thing really really soon!!! A home other than MY CAR!!!

12 comments:

Shanna said...

This is the funniest thing! mom called me and told me this story last night! The mouse was probably in your house and climbed in your Diaper bag! How else?? It can't jump up under the dash..there is no way. lol. Wow you guys are Dirty!! LoL!
Love you my dirty dirty family!

Anonymous said...

we did not have the mouse in my house. the diaper bag was in the car all day! trust me with a cat in the house buddy would have chased that thing everywhere!

Karie said...

That is pretty gross. Thankfully you were not far from your house, for instance on the freeway and then freaked out, could you imagine that?

Anonymous said...

ummm, we thought of that afterwards. I think I would have done the exact same thing. I would have pulled over, jumped out and screamed!

The Boe's ~ said...

You are too funny! Loved how you blogged it all, like we were right there going thru it all with you...funny thing is, what woman wouldn't have done what you did!!!I know I would have!!

Roger said...

Still no sign of the mouse, Baby. I will come to your rescue, though, and take care of that vicious creature. I promise.

Anonymous said...

yeah well... thanks baby. you realize I am not going in that car until I see it is no longer in there right? Seriously. I will clean it out myself and look in the engine!

Devin said...

Well, I got my chuckle for the day...that was funny and gross all at the same time! I don't know what is worse, a mouse in the car or a snake in the wall. LOL :-). Glad your mommy was able to take good care of you--they are good for those kinds of situations!
Love ya,
Dev

Anonymous said...

I don't know dev, a snake in your wall is more confined than a mouse by your feet in a confined car! I think it may be a bit of a tie! I don't want either.

Shanna said...

Ok well i'm a little jealous of you two calling each other baby! I want to be called baby too....ok Baby!?!?

Anonymous said...

sorry shanna, we do it without even realizing it. rog mocks me when I say his name so I rarely do.

The Colorado Carrs said...

ok...... i am heather cousinand i frequent your blog..hope thats ok?
Anyways I love your sweet little family sand had to comment on this post! I would have done the same thing! Mice even though supposedly cute and little FREAK ME OUT!!! oh my goodness..... and your sister in law had that snake in her house...what is it?! haha

Jessica