Alot has gone on the last couple of days. I must say that God has really revealed himself to Rog and I this last week! First of all most of you already know that we ran out of gas on Sunday night after church. We were on I-80 and creeping up toward the bridge when we ran out. All I could think of was that at any moment we were going to get hit. Sure enough, Rog looked in the rear view mirror and just said, "oh no." We were hit by a car and it pushed us closer to the side of the bridge. As soon as we were hit Luke started to cry so that threw me into Mommy- hysterical mode. I went to look to see if he was ok but I thought we would probably get hit again so I stayed in my seat. It seemed like we were waiting in the car for an hour but after about five minutes my parents pulled up behind us so that Luke and I could get in the car and get out of harms way. Thankfully everyone was ok. After I was home and calmed down I went through the whole scene again and realized how much God protected us. Yeah we were stopped on a major highway without a shoulder and we were hit by a car but God saved us from getting hit by a semi, possibly putting us over the bridge and keeping the crash to only two cars. I realize how much he kept us from and I am so Thankful that He was watching over us. I must say though that the entire time I was waiting for us to get out of the dilemma not once did I stop and think about giving this trial over to the Lord to handle. All I kept saying over and over was "Rog, get us out of here!" Shame on me for not saying "Lord, keep us safe and allow us to find a way out of this situation if it be your will."
God really showed me how much he is in control of everything and nothing is ever out of his control!
The other area that God has really showed himself faithful was this. Rog and I were really considering buying a bigger car so that it will be easier to get luke in and out of. We have been looking since about a month or so before Luke was born. It seemed like the process was just taking a while and we weren't sure if this was the right time or not to get something.
We have some friends, (Jason and Heather Boe) who at the same time were looking for a van. They came to us after they bought one and were just amazed at how God really provided for them. They only wanted to spend so much; They prayed about it and sure enough ,Adam ( the guy getting the cars for us) was able to get the car for the exact amount that they wanted.
It didn't really dawn on Rog that maybe we should be praying to God the same way. Rog talked to Adam last night and told him what he was thinking and Adam said he would look closely for the right car if we were willing to be patient. He also told us the amount he wanted to spend on the car.
Rog and I went home last night and prayed that if God wanted us to have a new car that he would just allow us to have it for the set price.
This afternoon Rog looked on his phone and saw that Adam had text him and said that he got us a car! Adam had asked Rog if he prayed about it last night and rog said that he prayed for exactly how much Adam had said. Adam had then told Rog that as he was bidding on the car today he prayed that if this was the car for us then allow him to get it for the same price and that he would be the only bidder. The only other person bidding on the car dropped out and that made Adam be the only bidder! Whoa!!! talk about God working right in front of your face!!!! It just amazes me how faithful God is when we seek him!
It is so comforting to know that I have a God who is not only my Saviour but also my Protector, Provider and so much more!!!
Both of these instances makes me realize how much I need God every minute of every day!!!
I really don't know how someone can go through this life without the hope of knowing that they have someone they can run to in times of trials, fear, sorrow and even happiness. I am glad that God opened my eyes so that I could see just how much I needed Him!
Stay Cool This Summer In Chambray
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment